Tracktion 4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I moved on to something a little more mac friendly. (DP, PT, Live)
I LOVED T1, really felt it was going to be THE app for me, but it went all downhill after T2.

So because newer hosts came out and people switched, that means that not many people use it any more? EVERY new host that comes out, including new versions of established hosts, will have it's good share of converts. It's like one time a Reaper user said that Reaper was "obviously" as good or better than Cubase because there were many ex-Cubase users on the Reaper forums. Ridiculous.

Tracktion is bundled with most Mackie hardware and I know plenty of people who have used it because of that. And Tracktion still IS good for so many people. I'm not worried when a few people jump ship. Doesn't prove anything to me at all. That's just how it goes.

But regardless, everyone can speculate and guess on what is happening all they want to. I'm not going to tell them they are all wrong. But I sure won't say that any of it is correct either.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Out of interest, are you still using Tracktion at all Brent? Or are you now 100% Sonar, as it mostly seems in your posts on the main forum?

headquest posting negative comments about tracktion in the raw material software forum.

Will wonders never cease.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

dont get me wrong i love T3 on windows.. its pretty rock solid for me, although i get some lockups doing heavy stuff in kontakt from time to time like automating loop points, etc..

but on MAC shit tis seriously twisted and wrong.. they should be embarrassed to even claim to have a MAC version.. i have a mac book pro and have not had one succesfull session on it, even just recording one track ata time dj mixes for an hour..

i dont think mackie will abandon T but it it would be really nice to know developments are being made..

on windows nothing works better or faster for ME.. tryed em all and while fully functional, they dont deliverthe speed and workfloe of Traktion..

come on mackie.. you took over an amazing program form an amazing developer.. dont let us down! at the very least just a hint things are still moving foward..

when was the last time anyone from mackie even posted here .
Neil G (Paper,SOWAT,motion,phobic,left minded,hawt,LA)

www.hawtmusic.com

headquest wrote:Out of interest, are you still using Tracktion at all Brent? Or are you now 100% Sonar, as it mostly seems in your posts on the main forum?
I use both regularly.

Brent

Neil G wrote: when was the last time anyone from mackie even posted here .
About an hour ago.

Brent

koolkeys wrote:I use both regularly.

Brent
Cool :tu:

But ... Why? What is it about Sonar that makes you come back to Tracktion?

Some things in Tracktion are just so darn fast to do. Fast routing, quick mockups, etc. I use it a lot for getting spur of the moment ideas down. Not that I can't do that in Sonar, but just that Tracktion is ideal for this. Also, the Final Mix plugin will never leave my arsenal.

It's not really about what one can do that the other can't. I also use Podium, just for a change of pace sometimes. But it's more about my own comfort for certain tasks.

Brent

I was and im a total fan of Tracktion. Im using it since the first version and im on this forum for a long time (reading it much longer). Many ppl bought Tracktion cuz i convinced them its the best darn host. It was stable in T1, then T2 (with bugs, that didnt affect me - like archiving bugs, exporting bugs - i used tapeit;) - and stuff).

But with T3 and my work being not only for me, but for other ppl - big sessions, big clients, big projects - T3 with its current bugs (in BIG SESSIONS!) is looking like a cheap toy, not pro DAW :( Im still using it, and i will - but without fixing its biggest showstoppers - i will go to another host cuz i just have to :< So pls Mackie - from your total fan - fix it! :-)
kisses

Can somebody tell me what some of the major bugs in T3 are at this point, before I get involved with it? I'd read that they fixed the GUI click-through problem from T2. What's wrong with T3?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I can see how that would be frustrating, hefalump-- but there are bugs in other sequencers, too. The sequencer doesn't care how big the session is, and it would be a grave overestimation to think that you would always be bug-free in front of clients with other sequencers.

Easy for me to say, though... I'm my only client. ;)

Used it all the time in v1
Used it quite a bit in v2
Never upgraded to v3 because there was nothing in it to interest me in particular
Still the nicest looking host available visual wise for me and if it had the features i use often i would use it non stop but i dont because it doesn't
Time moves on and so do people

NAS
Omerta

Tracktion Rulez. That is all.

Let's see... for starters the REAPER forum is full of ex-Tracktion users who switched because of stability issues and apparently limited developer support.
I own Reaper, and like it a lot, especially its smoothness at low latencies. I've completed multiple songs in it... but in the long term it's proven far less stable on my setup than Tracktion.

I agree with previous statements that ANY host brings it's own bundle of issues, usually specific to each user's rig - and you generally only figure that out by really digging in and using a program extensively for serious work.

Return to “Tracktion”