Tracktion 4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thoshu wrote:Hey,

it I S near, there's already a mp3 floating around which was made with Tracktion 4:

http://mixonline.com/online_extras/mackie-tracktion-4/

:hihi:
OK - What's up wit dis? Is someone goofing you? Where is Beno when we need him? :shock:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Any day now! I understand that T4 will be free with copies of one of the hottest items on KVR.

A little birdie told me...i fink it was a cuckoo

//f'n_x
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

funkychickendance wrote:Any day now! I understand that T4 will be free with copies of one of the hottest items on KVR.

//f'n_x
I guess if nothing is announced at Namm in January, then it might be fair to assume development has ceased and they're just sitting on it. I fear this is the case but would be pleasantly surprised to discover I'm wrong.

After T3 dropped support for MAC, perhaps T4 will drop Windows support.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

nigel_khan wrote:After T3 dropped support for MAC, perhaps T4 will drop Windows support.
No. T4 will be only for the OS Lunatix. A Xunil version is planned though.

it I S near, there's already a mp3 floating around which was made with Tracktion 4:

Yeah, well, this is how rumours are started.

That mp3 is Track (not Tracktion!) #4 from Jim Aikin's Nov 1, 2007 review of Tracktion 3 in Mix magazine. :roll:

/Joey
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:

Yeah, well, this is how rumours are started.

That mp3 is Track (not Tracktion!) #4 from Jim Aikin's Nov 1, 2007 review of Tracktion 3 in Mix magazine. :roll:

/Joey
Holy Santa,

there really is a something behind, I thought this was a joke all the way down.

Now it might r e a l l y come at NAMM....

:hihi:

I have troubles with SampleTank using Tracktion on XP. It is an older SE version that sold with a sound set. Does anyone have success with a more current version. If it's working well for you I think I will go for an upgrade.

What sort of problems are you having? I use T2 with the free version of Sampletank that it came bundled with, and haven't had any performance issues. I'll admit, I don't use it alot, so there may be some issues I haven't yet run into, but I've been using it off and on for about three years without any obvious issues.

funkychickendance wrote:Any day now! I understand that T4 will be free with copies of one of the hottest items on KVR.

//f'n_x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG - just shoot me!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

t4 better be a full rewrite and better fix the first note loop bug and let count in work when punch is on! :P

And the realtime render bugs.

flamin-gitaur wrote:What sort of problems are you having? I use T2 with the free version of Sampletank that it came bundled with, and haven't had any performance issues. I'll admit, I don't use it alot, so there may be some issues I haven't yet run into, but I've been using it off and on for about three years without any obvious issues.
No mine did not come with it. I get an error as soon as I load it as a filter onto a track.

koolkeys wrote:A lot of people still use Tracktion. We have to remember that our little world at KVR doesn't even get CLOSE to representing the entire user base. My former assistant pastor/music director still uses every single day and makes full recordings with it all the time. No problems.

I know that seeing posts here at KVR of people going elsewhere may seem a bit like something to panic over, but that does not mean that the majority of users of Tracktion are jumping ship. Not even close.

Brent
Well I happen to be one of those people that have TRIED jumping ships on several occasions but I continually end up coming back to T. I've just learned how to use certain configurations and some tricks and optimized the entire sequencer to it's fullest. Glad to say I can now use up to 40 plus tracks with no need to adjust the sample rate past 512. Past 40 or so tracks I just max it out. Yeah still a ton of bugs to deal with but it's still my favorite host by far (ok so I'm hooked on the darn thing ...lol). Really need to look under the hood and understand routing and such. REALLY helps stabilize the system.

Gabriel
PT 9 | Cubase 6 | Sony Acid Pro 7 for Laptop | Soundforge 9 | Wavelab | Guitars | Korg M3 | Korg Triton Extreme |

Of the four VSTs that I have used with Tracktion, the SampleTank player is my favorite. I strongly dislike the Kontact sample player. SampleTank is not perfect. I have encountered two problems that seem specific to ST:

While there are 16 channels available in the sample player, it an be overloaded with too many instruments. I ran into problems at about 8 or 9 instruments to where it became impossible to stop playback in areas of high note density without the program quitting. That was easy enough to avoid by simply starting a new multi.

I found that ST would quit the program when I attempted to load an instrument that I had just imported. After re-starting, the instrument loaded just fine. I import instruments from time to time because I like the ST sample player, yet I find voices elsewhere with other VSTs (especially Kontact) that I really prefer to use.

I don't care for ST's internal filters. The Traction filters are usually a lot better and the parameters can be automated easily. Tracktion makes it easy to mix and match instruments and filters.

Return to “Tracktion”