Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plugin scan fails, and T1/T2->T3 tempo mapping added.

You still need to add the Virus Ti render bug

Provide the link and details and I'll do that-

It was the 4th post in this thread - basically the realtime render mode does not work with the Virus Ti - it just outputs noise

Also there was a slowdown with automation I reported but I think that might be there (although I'm not getting it on my i7 system now)

Added to the 'problems with various plugins' section. I believe the automation stuff is covered by the two other automation bugs as listed - VSTcache and log.txt.

Well, finally sent this list to Mackie tech support (back online) this afternoon. Added something along the lines of 'The tracktion community is very disappointed in Mackie's lack of interest in the product and welcomes a renewed commitment (actual not merely written) to it, if possible.'
Last salvo in the war on terror (terror of changing hosts)...
:) Cheers folks,
M

Added one bug discovered in a 168-track project.
there's a plugin count, or possibly plugin memory limit, in tracktion 3, that if you step over, will make it crash.

metamorphosis wrote:in a 168-track project.
Have you mixed this puppy yet?

http://www.onefatalpunch.com/ and skip to third song -
some tracks disabled and some were bus tracks, but still - more than I've done before.

Added - the slow gui problem.
Also correct my no.1 problem - how did I get the math wrong? 24 tracks of 24-bit 96khz mono audio is 6.5MBPS, not 24MBPS!

Had my whole Win XP 32 machine lock up twice today while trying to merge more than two clips at a time in T3. Doesn't seem like it could be a coincidence. Hit merge and got the dreaded stuck hourglass, couldn't close the app or get anything else to respond so I had to hard restart. I'll be only merging two clips at a time from now on to play it safe.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

No problems with merging more than two clips here (midi, right?)

Found a workaround for the reverse delay midi bug: disable as many tracks/plugins as possible and drop ASIO latency to smallest possible (the bug is tracktions failure to compensate for it's own internal delay compensation - ironically).

Large plugin count bug seems to be a memory limit when getting close to 1.5GB memory usage, interestingly this limit is even lower at about 1.2GB if the /3gb switch is not defined in the boot.ini (XP - other places in vista/win7).

forgive me if this has already been mentioned:

if you select all tracks the choose: insert into tracks > insert space into the marked region, space is not added into the global or marker tracks...

Return to “Tracktion”