Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hm. I can understand the mechanics of how that would NOT work, given that select-all doesn't select the global and marker tracks, as they are special-case tracks and cannot be group-selected.
However, I can see how that functionality would be incredibly useful, and SHOUld follow simple common logic when selecting all tracks...
I'd say it's a feature-request not a bug, per se, but certainly a highly pertinent feature-
M@

metamorphosis wrote:a highly pertinent feature
ok. maybe we could all add an "oversight" label too as you would think that if one inserted space into a song globally, tempo and time sig changes would shift accordingly.

I think though that there is an underlying bug kicking somewhere around as I can never seem to move the tempo markers correctly. For example, I insert some space into a song on all tracks, then click on a tempo change that needs to move forward say 4 bars. I click into the properties and change the bar value from 30 to say, 34, but the tempo only moves to 33!

I also find that if I have a song with tempo changes and there is midi, changes to the tempo change positions causes the midi and corresponding corresponding audio clips to go haywire...

Minor bug - something I've known for awhile, but only really just realised it's not right -
Tracktion somehow adds random noise to the audio stream even when not playing and e-e is turned off. It's only noticable because if you play a commercial-level but not distorted song, the song will distort/crackle occasionally when tracktion is on, and not when it's off.
It also doesn't happen when tracktion's rendering.
And yes, add random noise to avoid denormals is off (not that that should matter).

It could also be something specific to one app using ASIO while outside apps use WDM - I don't know. Any opinions?

here is a very minor bug. if while in play back you move the cursor back and forth through the track Tracktion plays the audio directly under the cursor position so you can where in the song you are. If however there is a clip that has a pitch change rather that just playing and looping the piece of audio directly under the cursor, the clip is played in full. just noticed this now. not very important at all really... but there you go... :-)

I have a bug to report that I've known about for a while but haven't reported. This is inconsistent and it seems to a happen, for God only knows what reason, after T3 has been running for a while, not usually when it is newly opened.

I've found that fairly often when I am recording a live MIDI stream, after I'm done recording and play back the MIDI into a VSTi, that the notes are significantly off the beat. I found that this was because Tracktion is actually placing them early, i.e. slightly before where they were actually recorded. I believe that it is usually 280/1000's before the beat. In other words, instead of being at 1, the note will be placed at 4/720 of the previous measure.

I'm absolutely certain that this is the DAW doing this and not me because I've done several tests and it always comes out the same. 720 is so far off the beat that I can clearly hear the timing problem and it's definitely not happening while I am laying down the notes with my MIDI keyboard.

The problem is, I never know when it is going to start doing this because it doesn't always do it. From now on I will have to play a few notes exactly on the beat for at least one measure before recording any live MIDI, so I have a simple way of checking if Tracktion put the notes where they belong or if it put them early.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Hey AM, noted in bug .9 -
pisses me off too...

Ok, thanks.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

A.M. Gold wrote:Ok, thanks.
Note the workaround as well- not perfect but works. Still might be some reverse delay.

I've had this happen several times in the past few weeks---while moving a selected MIDI clip, if I slide it over, say toward the beginning of the track (i.e. to the left), and it goes too fast so that it starts to go off screen, Tracktion will freeze and I'll have to close it and get the "not responding" message from Windows. I end up losing all unsaved changes but it will eventually close.

Update: just happened again. I can confirm that it has to do with sliding selected clips over too quickly so they start to go off screen. The little hand icon stayed up when Tracktion froze. I'm not sure if this happens on both sides, though---I seem to recall it only happening when I was moving clips to the left.

Can't reproduce that last one AM - but I do have a new one - in many cases if you do multiple routing - ie. outputting a bunch of tracks to a bus, and then outputting a bunch of buses to a single track - you can get unexpected and unexplainable mass-CPU usage. Even if there's nothing on the track, outputting the same buses to Main output (default) removes the high CPU usage. Weird-as stuff.

i'd like to request a small feature (sorry if this is the wrong place)

to do a crossfade you can use the x shortcut key. if the clip is overlapping at both ends however you get a mouse menu.

my suggestion is a second shortcut so:

x followed by s crossfades the start of the clip
x followed by e crossfades the end of the clip
x followed by another x crossfades both ends

just editting a drum track and bit of a faff doing lots of mouse work

a second suggestion would be to apply the crossfade shortcut/s if clips are selected across multiple tracks. This does work on some shortcuts like the / to cut the clip at the cursor position but not for fades

motty

Feature requests are not part of this thread, unfortunately. This isn't even a report to the developers (cause they're not developing it) - this is only headsup stuff for future and current tracktioneers.

Another stupid crash bug - see 33.

With my new US-800 interface on a core i3 machine, I could not get Tracktion to use all 4 cores. Perhaps this is already known, I don't know. Crackle city with 4 cores. Smooth running with 2 cores.

Thanks rockstar, don't know why I didn't have this one added already.

Return to “Tracktion”