Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spitfire31 wrote:I really can't imagine where people get their stamina to carry on these endless discussions about Tracktion.

This DAW is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile! TRACKTION IS AN EX-DAW!

To paraphrase a well-known number by a couple of rather well-known British guys… :D

/Joachim
:lol: :lol:

Truely funny!
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

MelodyMan wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:I really can't imagine where people get their stamina to carry on these endless discussions about Tracktion.

This DAW is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile! TRACKTION IS AN EX-DAW!

To paraphrase a well-known number by a couple of rather well-known British guys… :D

/Joachim
:lol: :lol:

Truely funny!
Ah. I was never that familiar with the parrot sketch. I now get the joke belatedly :)

I got Tracktion 3 with my Mackie 402 VLZ3 mixer and have been using it about a week. It's great! I think I have been permanently converted from Cubase. It's just what I want for mixing music and hardly anything I don't.

I was loading all the filters into tracks to demo them and the program instantly terminated. This happened a few times, I'm pretty sure they were different filters each time. It seemed kind of random.

Windows XP x64, AMD Athlon X2 4000+, 500GB SATA HD, E-MU 1212m

Eyesnine,

I have been having this happen when I load a new VST, or even a new instrument into an existing VST. No such problem with any other filters so far. If I re-open and try again, it always works fine.

I use a Mac. What do you use?

eyesnine wrote: I was loading all the filters into tracks to demo them and the program instantly terminated. This happened a few times, I'm pretty sure they were different filters each time. It seemed kind of random.
Make sure you go get the latest version from my.mackie.com and don't use the version that came on the cd or dvd (unless it's 3.0.4.8)

Yet another bug I discovered while working with a client on a project today:
having filters on looped audio clips and recording audio crashes tracktion. wtf etc. Bugger it.

"Tracktion won't start" and quite a few other bugs added.
m@

4 new bugs
m@

Tracktion calls plug-in's "suspend" routine together with audio processing routine. This leads to a crash, of course.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I can't see my automation problem on the list still. Is anyone else getting this? Every time I record or playback automation the whole gui comes to a standstill. The sound still plays back but the gui is very jerky and keeps freezing up for short periods making the whole experience unusable really. Its the main reason I no longer use it.

aMUSEd wrote:I can't see my automation problem on the list still. Is anyone else getting this? Every time I record or playback automation the whole gui comes to a standstill. The sound still plays back but the gui is very jerky and keeps freezing up for short periods making the whole experience unusable really. Its the main reason I no longer use it.
Maybe stupid, but have you made the log.txt file "read-only" already?
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

eyesnine wrote:I got Tracktion 3 with my Mackie 402 VLZ3 mixer and have been using it about a week. It's great! I think I have been permanently converted from Cubase. It's just what I want for mixing music and hardly anything I don't.

I was loading all the filters into tracks to demo them and the program instantly terminated. This happened a few times, I'm pretty sure they were different filters each time. It seemed kind of random.

Windows XP x64, AMD Athlon X2 4000+, 500GB SATA HD, E-MU 1212m
welcome to tracktion.

Does "no longer in development" count as a bug or a feature?

oxbee wrote:
2. "Poof" crashes - They occur less frequently than in 3.0.3.3, but still exist.. They render Tracktion unusable in a serious work environment. Tracktion will occasionally and randomly crash with no prior warning or repeatable sequence of events. This did NOT occur in Tracktion 1 or 2.
Example thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2624 42
Have you ever tried another DAW? I don't know one that won't crash here and there during a studio session or whatever. Shit happens. That's only software and hardware had its failures back in the gear days. Sound engineers who messed up a record take because of a messed-up tape recorder are probably legion :)

I think Tracktion is a very stable tool anyway on PC in a sane audio environnement. I made many recordings of various simultaneous sources on it with pro requirements and it was more than OK. Not to say flawless.
I would agree with this 100% - Poof bug has virtually disappeared for me with 3048 and I use T every day.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:I would agree with this 100% - Poof bug has virtually disappeared for me with 3048 and I use T every day.

I agree, but T3 still is less stable than T2 in this regard, for me at least. I still tend to use it more than T2 though.

aMUSEd wrote:I can't see my automation problem on the list still. Is anyone else getting this? Every time I record or playback automation the whole gui comes to a standstill. The sound still plays back but the gui is very jerky and keeps freezing up for short periods making the whole experience unusable really. Its the main reason I no longer use it.

Added aMUSED.

morelia wrote:Tracktion calls plug-in's "suspend" routine together with audio processing routine. This leads to a crash, of course.
Can you elaborate? I've programmed VST, so I know what you mean, sort of, but elaborate some more.

Cheers all!
M

Return to “Tracktion”