Elastique file in T3 Temporary folder. What is it?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been having problems with my plugins in T3. After opening my temporary file, I noticed a bunch of files starting with Elastique00000FSC.wav
Does anyone know what this is? The dates line up with when the trouble started.
There are about 15 files for today. About the number of crashes I had.

Means you're doing timestretching on some of the sounds.

Thanks for your help. Whats weird is that I was not stretching any od my loops, but when I checked, I found every drum loop had auto pitch and tempo selected (I for sure did not do it). Very strange how this and other dll problems only happened to one song (With the new Waves plugs).

Hi Joe-
the likely thing is that you're using 'acidized' (or similar) loops - ie. wav files that have meta-information in them as to how they're meant to be used, playback rates and looping points. If I'm right, this might cause tracktion to automatically select certain timestretching lengths etc. I don't know, I don't use a lot of loops.
Other than that I'm not sure.

What OS are you using?
How much ram do you have free and how much ram is tracktion using (ctrl-alt-del if you're in windows to bring up task manager).

Thanks for the help. I'm XP pro, sp3, Core 2 quad processor, 4 GB RAM. There is somthing very strange going on. Only two things changed this past week.
Some new Waves plugs (but I was already using Waves plugs with no problems) and I tried a Demo of PreSonus Studio One 2. I have Automap 2 turned off in T3, but Studio One scaned it and started it up again. Studio One also includes Melodyne, which T3 scaned and picked up as a VST.

I am seeing high memory use (even warnings from Norton, but my T3 meeter is very low) so somthing is going on that T3 is not seeing, but reacting to. Today while rendering a three track stem (T3 CPU at 15%) it crashed as I went to open a plug. Message: Visual ++. Runtime Error - Abnormal Program Termination. Never seen that one before. Checking PU with Ctrl. Alt. Del. gave this: CPU = 05, use = 24,284. That was a check done on an open song, 7 tracks, no plug filters, sitting at idle.

I suspect all this is tied to my DDL problems also. I was going to uninstall all Waves plugs. Make sure Automap is closed. Start T3 and see whats up. If it still happens, then uninstall Studio One and try again.

Do you have any suggestions??? Got me pulling out what left of the hair.

Check the tracktion tips in my sig,
but even without tweaking t3 should be fine using up to 1GB of ram at least.
Otherwise I can't think of anything.

Return to “Tracktion”