Would you buy a new version of Tracktion if it were released?

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Would you prepay for a new version of Tracktion if it were crowdsourced?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 112

RELATED
PRODUCTS

jules wrote:Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..
too early to celebrate... too early to celebrate... too early to celebrate...

Forget it - I'm ecstatic! Now for the patience part.....

This is gonna rule. Count me in for the rest of the ride!
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

In the meantime, I'll just use ableton live.

Jules and everyone else involved.

As we all know - Tracktion is the BEST software for recording out there - PERIOD!!!

The one screen interface and simplicity of navigation - makes this a program to keep alive.

Thank you all for being part of this development.
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

carmenguitar wrote:Jules and everyone else involved.

As we all know - Tracktion is the BEST software for recording out there - PERIOD!!!

The one screen interface and simplicity of navigation - makes this a program to keep alive.

Thank you all for being part of this development.
These kinds of comments can start flamewars. In general I agree that for the way my brain works, I have found nothing which fits like hand-in-glove, like the way Tracktion works.

I have shown it to many other hobbyists and professionals, and it seems to be about 1 out of 10 that 'get it' and get very excited over the workflow and layout.

The others simply cannot wrap their head around not having a mixer applet, or multiple screens to mind-map their work.

I am waiting for NAMM now with greater excitement than for many years. I attended NAMM in 2010 and talked to Mackie folks who wouldn't say 'boo' about Tracktion, other than it was still an available product at the time.

jules wrote:Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..
You tease! At least show us a little nipple!
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

rockstar_not wrote:I have shown it to many other hobbyists and professionals, and it seems to be about 1 out of 10 that 'get it' and get very excited over the workflow and layout.

The others simply cannot wrap their head around not having a mixer applet, or multiple screens to mind-map their work.
I gotta be honest, the workflow is OK and I GET the one screen approach and no mixer screen, that wasn't the deal breaker, I thought that was nice... but I thought the way it handled MIDI just sucked compared to Logic. enough so that it would be an impedance for my workflow. but then I only used T3 and everyone seems to swear by the older versions but if the MIDI was the same then it would make no difference, I see no reason to invest the time with it. :shrug:

that being said, I'm super happy I spent the $20 when they were closing these out because the added content and plugs and upgrade paths made it a steal. :)

:harp:
:wheee:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I'd pay a crowdshare, whatever the hell it is, to find out what the hells going on in here. Really I would.

God give me patience and hurry up . Ever heard that saying before ?? :hihi:

I downloaded the T3 demo again and..... I'll pay upfront. Great workflow.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

rpc9943 wrote:I'd pay a crowdshare, whatever the hell it is, to find out what the hells going on in here. Really I would.
Ron,

Welcome back! Crowdsourcing is a way for someone to generate a pile of cash to start a project, by getting a bunch of people to pledge or pay for the project ahead of time.

Many people are using websites like Kickstarter.com (check it out) to fund CD recording/publishing projects, get books published, etc. Crowdsourcing is the general term. Kickstarter is one of the more popular sites to facilitate crowdsourcing for creative projects.

-Scott

rockstar_not wrote:
rpc9943 wrote:I'd pay a crowdshare, whatever the hell it is, to find out what the hells going on in here. Really I would.
Ron,

Welcome back! Crowdsourcing is a way for someone to generate a pile of cash to start a project, by getting a bunch of people to pledge or pay for the project ahead of time.

Many people are using websites like Kickstarter.com (check it out) to fund CD recording/publishing projects, get books published, etc. Crowdsourcing is the general term. Kickstarter is one of the more popular sites to facilitate crowdsourcing for creative projects.

-Scott
So when we start this Crowd-Thing. Will "The Man" agree with this?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:
Ron,

-Scott
So when we start this Crowd-Thing. Will "The Man" agree with this?
Jules stated that this might be not neccessary. We just have to wait a bit...

There's the old RonC as we know him. :D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Tracktion”