Would you buy a new version of Tracktion if it were released?

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Would you prepay for a new version of Tracktion if it were crowdsourced?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 112

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd be up for a subscription type of DAW or a different business model all together , simular to these . Podium , Ardour , Reaper , and mutools even . I dont care about an included box or packaging , effects, loops, samples, or instruments , wether it be 3rd party or included native host stuff , I dont care if the Mackie vst stuff is gone . There is so much free and low cost payware stuff to get you covered out there ( ddmf , valhalla , poise ) . I do want some Bendy Arrows of Tracktion1 to be back , they dont have to be by default . I think $70 a year subscription would be fair . Id pony it up right now .

God wouldn't X-mas be nice if this actually, this COULD happen!!!
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

Count me in as well,
Let's Frakin' ROLL with this one.
BEST IDEA EVER...

Count me in but only if Mackie is out of the picture.
i had bad feelings when they got Tracktion and after seeing how right I was and what they did with Tracktion, I want no business with them at all. :(
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

metamorphosis wrote:Inspired by the T4 thread (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365561)-

I'm interested in getting a feel for how many people would be willing to prepay full price (let's assume a full price of $70 seeing as that was the upgrade price for T3) for a new version of Tracktion, were it to be handed back to Jules (the original developer of Tracktion before Mackie's takeover).

It's clear that a lot of us just can't move on, because Tracktion's spoiled us, in terms of workflow.

(I have spoken to him, over email in the past, and he indicated an interest, at least at the time - he may not be interested now).

My main point for doing this is to establish how much ground-level support there is still - if only a handful of people care, it's not going to be worth it for anybody to develop - on the other hand, if we could get a thousand 'yes' votes - well - Jules or Mackie might think twice.

But before they even think about crowdsourcing, we'd need to convince them that it's possible.

In this thread you can also discuss what you would require as base features of the new (entirely hypothetical and not in any way guaranteed) Tracktion. I'm going to start with proper multi-core support, 64-bit support and support up to Windows 8. Also all the bugs mentioned in the bugs thread would have to be cornered and shot (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265049).

For me, anything else is just cake. I don't need it. Just a fully-functioning, modern version of what we currently have.

Also, if you feel $70 would be too much, please vote yes anyway but post and state what you feel would be reasonable and why. Discussion is great, if useless in the sense that this is a fantasy. Another possibility is that half could be paid for the crowdsourcing ($35) and half at completion - essentially giving you a 'half-off' coupon, as well as a heavy discount on eventual retail cost. If this appeals to you, vote yes, then state it in the thread.

Lastly, I'm not doing any leg-work in terms of spreading the knowledge of this poll around - please contact others, other forums, whatever, and get folk who might in interested in a new version of tracktion involved.
In 100 days, I'll take the results and forward them onto Jule and Mackie - unless there's no support. Godspeed.

I would pay 200 $ for a new version.....

If you guys care - we gotta keep this post ALIVE and work together here!

MANY voices will bring change - NOT a few :(
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

Okay I kind of care, but not really too hyped. What kind of work are you talking about? Typing on a forum about it? There's been zero evidence of anything yet, besides Jules post saying hi and thanks and can't confirm or deny...

Mackie / Loud / Jules or anyone involved won't do shit - if they don't think there is enough of a demand. They need to know that people will pay for it and the more posts the more interest in development
Carmen Sorge
Sorge Sound Studios
www.sorgestudios.com
(905) 834-9898

Well, I think this is an absolutely Fantastic idea. However, I think we need to clarify exactly who is to be the recipient of this kick-starter fund.
I think for the most part what is implied here is that Jules should be the developer....not Mackie.
Is this correct? if so then fine. It was/is his,Jules' vision that brought Tacktion to us all, not Mackie.
Nothing at all against the Macksters, but they haven't done diddly doo-doo w/it really.

the next step is to query Jules directly, point-blank "Are you even interested and is this even legally in the realm of possibility contractually speaking?

Then, how much do you need financially to say, bring Tracktion in it's present form up to modern O.S. & processor compatibility.

Personally, I would love to enable Jules w/a generous cash advance to free him up financially so that he could 'get her up-to-speed' in a timely manner.

So Jules, surely you've seen this thread and you've already hinted at something concerning future development.
Pipe in, I'm outta' work right now but man, I can still pinch out a tithing to give Tracktion back her legs..

Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..

Uhhh...that sounds like a huge YES to me... :shock:
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

jules wrote:Thanks guys!

Really great that you're all offering support like this, but there's no need to worry about crowd-sourcing or anything like that - all that's required is a little patience until things can be revealed..
it's like a dream... i hoped for so long that something happens and jules will take over the ship.

PERFECT! :)

i would love to upgrade my t2 license if t4 had proper multicore and 64bit support and the bugs were sorted. a reasonable upgrade price for me would be in the region of around 100 euro. i would definitely prefer a naked tracktion version without any sample content or third party plugins.

Wow! That's great news, Jules! Thrilling, even. One question though, what does the term 'a little patience' mean in the context of our instant-gratification, must-have-it-now environment? Should I check back in an hour? That's a lot of pacing and finger twiddling, but might be able to make it. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

That and this;

jules
Chief Tracktioneer

Just made me go :wheee:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Return to “Tracktion”