Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

danbroad wrote:
metamorphosis wrote:
jules wrote:Hello chaps!
Hey Jules, Wow!
Never thought I'd see you post again!
Congratumalations on what may or may not as the case may be, be happening (or not happening).
Keep fighting the good fight!
M@
Go for it, Jules. I've noticed that with few exceptions, most of us posting on here are the 'oldies' by our KVR join date. Maybe just an observation, but there are a whole new world of computer musicians who just never gave tracktion a shot because, by then, it was abandonware.

Whilst it would be very special to see Tracktion rise from the ashes, and I would pay full whack for a version 4 - so would plenty of us - but lots of the competition has matured since the last T3 release. It was already unique, so very little about it would have to change to still keep its USP - but it's testament to Mackie's ruination that it's now perceived as catching up from behind when in fact it was always the most futuristic DAW.

So, is the Tracktion name worth saving and trading on former glories, or should a Tracktion 4 be something all new, say a Bitwig-style regeneration? Proclaim the history, but start afresh so the Mackie years of hurt can be forgotten?
As I recall work on Tracktion (at least its visible appearance) started just a couple of months after I joined so it was a big part of my early experience of KvR. It felt very much like being part of something being nurtured by the forum.

GaryG wrote:Hee, I only joined KVR becuase that's where the Tracktion forum was... :hihi:
Same here!
At the time I used n-track (yes, n-track: a buggy piece of garbage, where you spent more time waiting for your computer to reboot from a fatal crash than you did actually making music!):oops: :(
One of the regulars at the n-track forum started going on and on about Tracktion, so I had a peek. Was hooked from the first demo.

Yep me too , I had heard over at the tapeop forum that mackie was giving away a free Tracktion1 NFR , and thats when I joined kvr forum .

Where's Ron? This thread is not complete without him.

:D

Otherwise.....f*ck me. Jules posting was the last thing I expected. These drugs clearly aren't working.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:Where's Ron? This thread is not complete without him.
:lol:

I was also with Tracktion 1 from the very beginning, when Jules even found time to take care of support issues and reply to suggestions himself.

I liked the simplified elegance of Tracktion, which really encouraged you to make music instead of browsing manuals.

With Tracktion 3, it was like waking up beside a girlfriend that you had even considered marrying, only to find that she smoked, in bed! Bye, bye, there's the door and don't ever bother coming back!

If she should return, after all, promising that all her bad habits are now a thing in the past and hinting that she's learnt some new, groovy tricks - well, we can always talk about it, yes?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: With Tracktion 3, it was like waking up beside a girlfriend that you had even considered marrying, only to find that she smoked, in bed! Bye, bye, there's the door and don't ever bother coming back!
Smokin' in bed is sexy! :hihi: And so is T3. Love me my folder tracks and multi-core processing. Sure, T2 was more puritan, but where's there's some sin, there's some smoke and where there's smoke, there's five year old smouldering embers almost warm to the touch. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Spitfire31 wrote:I was also with Tracktion 1 from the very beginning, when Jules even found time to take care of support issues and reply to suggestions himself.
I was onboard pre v1 and fondly remember the days when a bug was reported to Jules and it was usually fixed within hours. Given the opportunity and his past mastery, I'm confident it wouldn't take him long to unpick the mess Mackie subsequently made of it
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

mandolarian wrote:Love me my folder tracks and multi-core processing. Sure, T2 was more puritan, but where's there's some sin, there's some smoke and where there's smoke, there's five year old smouldering embers almost warm to the touch. :D
After the "Crowdsourcing / T4" threads the other day, I was thinking....if T were to return to the hands of someone more invested in its future, would development resume from T3, or would a more "back to basics" approach win out, and we'd get T1+development? What elements of T2 and T3 would "make the cut"?

All conjecture, of course.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

The only thing that wasn't an improvement in T3 was the loops tab. It didn't exactly get in the way either, but it was superfluous, and not terribly useful. T2 was nice, but it wasn't useful for group work or studio work. Folder tracks and the revamped inputs made it useful. I used to be like a lot of people, T1 is the gold standard, etc. But T3 is better. Barring the crap midi input change, but that was made in T2, not T3...

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!! :o :o :o
Still using/loving T3.
Not going anywhere else.
Unless..... :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

mcnelson wrote:Where's Ron? This thread is not complete without him.
Very true

I wonder how many albums hes bashed out, sorry lovingly crafted, in the interim?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

....A quiet revolution, led by the kvr old guard, starts in the Tracktion corner of the forums and soon spreads..... "We never saw it coming" quoted one Reaper spokesperson.....
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

shindigger wrote:HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!! :o :o :o
Still using/loving T3.
Not going anywhere else.
Unless..... :)
+1 :)

Return to “Tracktion”