Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh and yeah that's a pretty feminine way of passing the time. Ya know

While we are at it.
I want a horizontal mixer !

----------------

It is hard not to repeat old mistakes for the sake of fun.

:hihi:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

todd sweetland wrote:Yep , there was already this - Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread - :wink:
I just added a few more bugs to this,
however feature requests are different to bugs notes, as they're requests for features which don't exist, rather than just noting things which don't work.

I've already made my requested 'features' apparent in the poll thread - but put simply: fix all bugs, make multicore work, make disk buffering work, make 64-bit ver, make it win8/9-safe.
I was thinking about starting a thread like this myself, so it's nice to see someone else's taken the time to do it.
m

metamorphosis wrote:
todd sweetland wrote:Yep , there was already this - Tracktion 3.0.4.8 - Consolidated Bug Thread - :wink:
however feature requests are different to bugs notes, as they're requests for features which don't exist, rather than just noting things which don't work.

I've already made my requested 'features' apparent in the poll thread - but put simply: fix all bugs, make multicore work, make disk buffering work, make 64-bit ver, make it win8/9-safe.
I was thinking about starting a thread like this myself, so it's nice to see someone else's taken the time to do it.
m
Oh and dont forget the " Bendy Arrows " from Tracktion 1 they were in T2 as well but you had to adjust a setting to get them .

I think that ship has sailed, sadly.

I'm Ok with that, TBH, but the Mackie style input docks are visually distracting. I normally theme them out of existence.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

stop!
dont cross this line.

^

how odd.

metamorphosis wrote:
Matt, can we break the VST specific bugs out of your list. It might be useful to get together a list of modern plugins that aren't behaving well in T3 for testing against T?.

I think I'm going to let beno's Mac list drop 'cos its so old that the majority of listed plugs seem to be obsolete (either niche now or a version or more old). Getting some crufty plug from 2003 working probably isn;t as important as ensuring that those is wide use at the moment are placing nicely. I can sticky a new thread in it's place that people can add to.

My plugin library is way out of date, and since I've switched to Mac, tiny. I'm willing to start grabbing demos and testing them (albeit with the caveat that T3 is barely stable standing still on 10.8 ).

valley wrote:I'm willing to start grabbing demos and testing them (albeit with the caveat that T3 is barely stable standing still on 10.8 ).
To my mind, this idea (testing new plugs on the stone dead and cremated Mac T3), seems like an eminent waste of time.

Whatever Jules is neither confirming nor denying to be revealed to an unsuspecting world at the 24-27 January NAMM, will reasonably have very little to do with Mackie's last fumbling efforts.

I'd suggest just sit tight and use your no doubt valuable time for more productive pursuits. ;-)

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

valley wrote:Matt, can we break the VST specific bugs out of your list. It might be useful to get together a list of modern plugins that aren't behaving well in T3 for testing against T?.
Please don't - I don't think it's worth it. I think if there's a new T, and it's official - and there's a whole bunch of plugins with problems which can't be reproduced on other hosts, then, for sure, break them out.

Until then it's speculation, and there's only four plugin-specific bugs in that list, and two of those are for the same plugins.
I'd rather the list stay as it is so that there's one definitive list of 'things to fix', at this point.

todd sweetland wrote:Oh and dont forget the " Bendy Arrows " from Tracktion 1 they were in T2 as well but you had to adjust a setting to get them .
Bendy arrows are cute, but once you break down the interface, structurally their functionality takes up a lot of extra room on the left-hand side which isn't necessary, and they're a total ugly f**king bitch to work with on larger projects. I'm comfortable with the new right-click input selection, as it makes life a lot easier in the studio. The previous method was a nightmare when dealing with 100+ tracks, you had to scroll up and down endlessly, and drag the little f**ks down. Also when you turned an input on in settings, you had no idea on which track it'd be aligned with. The current method is better for studio work.
Which is why they were removed in 3 (optional in 2, so there's more space on the left).
Having them optional is fine, but you'd just have to re-enable the extra space necessary for their functionality on the left. Provided this space was used to increase the length of track titles when you're not using bendy arrows, I don't forsee a problem with this, at least for most people who, unlike me, are using 16:9 monitors (so the space tradeoff doesn't matter)...

It's a bit funny to see how many people here seem to expect that a neither confirmed nor denied Tracktion Reborn would look anything like T3.

In view of Jules' extraordinary capabilities as a developer and innovator, I can't see him delivering a bug-cleaned, spiffed up version of Mackie's T3, which today looks decidedly old and passé.

I think that we should expect something new and stunning and avant garde, while hopefully retaining the best of Tracktion's work flow. If anything.

/Joachim

rpc9943 wrote:Let's all remote view and collectively obtain any hidden secrets about T. Let's call it a social experiment
Ok...I'm zoning in now. OMG!!!! No, it's not bendy arrows....

It's...

It's...

It can't be...

But it's...

Groundhog nipples!!!

OMG! Look away now! :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

metamorphosis wrote:100+ tracks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

metamorphosis wrote:
valley wrote:Matt, can we break the VST specific bugs out of your list. It might be useful to get together a list of modern plugins that aren't behaving well in T3 for testing against T?.
Please don't - I don't think it's worth it. I think if there's a new T, and it's official - and there's a whole bunch of plugins with problems which can't be reproduced on other hosts, then, for sure, break them out.

Until then it's speculation, and there's only four plugin-specific bugs in that list, and two of those are for the same plugins.
I'd rather the list stay as it is so that there's one definitive list of 'things to fix', at this point.
I see what you're saying, but my thinking is this:

assuming (which I am) we are looking at Jules working on exactly what people were asking for, I.E. a cleaned up, fixed up T3 that is modern OS friendly, scales to more than a few logical processors, and doesn't drop the ball when under load, VST bugs are a very specific case.

Most bugs with VSTs happen because either the host, or the plugin is making dodgy assumptions. Most usually this simply means special case code in either the plug or the host to handle differences from one pairing to another. (Naively correcting behaviour to make one partner happy will simply break another).

Any plugs that don't work in T3 are unlikely to behave in a theoretical T4 unless a special effort has been made to make them work. My point was that because a lot of people have moved on, we probably don't have a good sense of how many newer plugs break Tracktion. Once upon a time developers might have been testing against T. I can't imaging many bothering now, can you? It's quite likely that newer plugins simply don't work well.

The major, none plug related bugs, hopefully will just be fixed as part of Jules bringing his significant skills to the codebase.

valley wrote:…assuming (which I am) we are looking at Jules working on exactly what people were asking for, I.E. a cleaned up, fixed up T3 that is modern OS friendly, scales to more than a few logical processors, and doesn't drop the ball when under load, VST bugs are a very specific case.
But I am assuming that presenting a cleaned-up T3 wouldn't be anything to make a big noise about at NAMM.

I think that your reasoning is much too constricted and that you're massively underestimating Jules.

My guess is that he has something much sexier than a T3+ under wraps and that any current preoccupation with T3 bugs will be shown to be null and void. Whatever he's going to spring on us will likely have little to do with Mackie's mess.

IMHO.

/Joachim

Return to “Tracktion”