Tracktion 4 is reality - JULES DOES IT - 2 Videos on Youtube!!!!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good thing I just went PEE! ;)

WHew!

aMUSEd wrote:He argued that if you need to consult a manual to perform basic operations then there is a problem with the design. Tracktion is clearly based on those principles.
And Windows RTFM - I mean 8 - is clearly not. There have been times that some very important icons have shown up while using MS's latest OS, but I have no idea what done it; mouse fluff, buttock shift, brow sag, genital swish? Something did something and then the most important things you could possibly hope to utilize appeared briefly.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote:And Windows RTFM - I mean 8 - is clearly not. There have been times that some very important icons have shown up while using MS's latest OS, but I have no idea what done it; mouse fluff, buttock shift, brow sag, genital swish? Something did something and then the most important things you could possibly hope to utilize appeared briefly.
That is the funniest thing I've heard all day! I'm crying over here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:party: :party: :wheee: :wheee: :wheee: :clap: :clap: :tu: :tu: :tu: :pray: :harp: :harp: :harp: :party: :party: :party: :party:

MAC PRO
MAC PRO
MAC PRO
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
UPGRADE
UPGRADE
UPGRADE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

For those intrested we are currently trialing our next version of AATranslator which among other things contains the functionality to create Tracktion session files. So while we already read them soon you will be able to convert from other daws back to Tracktion (if need be).

Runaway wrote:For those intrested we are currently trialing our next version of AATranslator which among other things contains the functionality to create Tracktion session files. So while we already read them soon you will be able to convert from other daws back to Tracktion (if need be).
Cool stuff, let me, or one of the other mods know when you've got a release and we can add it to the useful utilities sticky.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Christmas in January !!!!!!

Aiynzahev wrote:So you guys like Tracktion a lot. Care to elaborate on why?

I like Studio One 2.5 quite a lot, mainly for it's simplicity. Any comparisons that can be made?

My standard answer:

Let's say you have a guitar track and you want to go a little crazy with it.
You want to add a Ping-Pong Delay and Reverb to it but you don't want reverb on the repeats (aka parallel setup)
Now let's say you want to add a little fuzz on the Delay but only on the repeats (not to the direct sound) and for the heck of it you want it only on the repeats that are on the left side (no fuzz on the right side repeats)

In Tracktion I can do this in seconds without thinking about it.
How long will this take in other DAWs?

By the way Studio One is my second favorite DAW
I had it marked for the day I would have to part with Tracktion... luckly
I won't have to now.
Trackion also has a little better CPU usage and I can get lower latencies then with Studio One. (or any other DAW for that mater)

:wink:

AndrewSimon wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:So you guys like Tracktion a lot. Care to elaborate on why?

I like Studio One 2.5 quite a lot, mainly for it's simplicity. Any comparisons that can be made?

My standard answer:

Let's say you have a guitar track and you want to go a little crazy with it.
You want to add a Ping-Pong Delay and Reverb to it but you don't want reverb on the repeats (aka parallel setup)
Now let's say you want to add a little fuzz on the Delay but only on the repeats (not to the direct sound) and for the heck of it you want it only on the repeats that are on the left side (no fuzz on the right side repeats)

In Tracktion I can do this in seconds without thinking about it.
How long will this take in other DAWs?

By the way Studio One is my second favorite DAW
I had it marked for the day I would have to part with Tracktion... luckly
I won't have to now.
Trackion also has a little better CPU usage and I can get lower latencies then with Studio One. (or any other DAW for that mater)

:wink:
Interesting. In S1 I'd have to say I'd bounce the delay and apply effects as "take effects" or "event effects" or whatever you want to call them, applying the effect just to the selected portion. Don't know about how I'd do it only on the right though... I'd have to split it into L & R and I'm not sure how to do that on S1 since I've never needed to, though it would be an easier way to do the HAAS effect come to think of it.

So how would you do it so easily in tracktion that differs from what I just said?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote: So how would you do it so easily in tracktion that differs from what I just said?
I think the answer you are looking for is "Racks". It's a modular routing environment within Tracktion. You drag and drop plugins into them and can then rearrange them how you want, and connect any plugin output to any plugin input. Instances of the rack can be placed on as many tracks as you want. This is also the way Tracktion handles multi out VSTIs. Drop the synth in a rack and all the outputs show up as outputs of the rack. Each instance can have different outputs routed to the track it's on. It sounds complicated, but it's really not.

They look like this:

bk wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote: So how would you do it so easily in tracktion that differs from what I just said?
I think the answer you are looking for is "Racks". It's a modular routing environment within Tracktion. You drag and drop plugins into them and can then rearrange them how you want, and connect any plugin output to any plugin input. Instances of the rack can be placed on as many tracks as you want. This is also the way Tracktion handles multi out VSTIs. Drop the synth in a rack and all the outputs show up as outputs of the rack. Each instance can have different outputs routed to the track it's on. It sounds complicated, but it's really not.

They look like this:
Yep.

That's what jazzes me about T, it's dead simple, and if you want to go crazy with a modular approach to sound bending, just connect up stuff crazy and there you have it.

I remember way back in the day, I decided to see if I could beat-box into a mic, and get T to trigger 3 different drum sounds via audio-to-midi. I made a rack that duplicated the mono input into 3 audio streams, fed these each to their own band pass (because I was basically boom-crack-sss beat boxing) and then fed those to individual instances of KT-Drum Trigger VST, which on the output of each of those instances, I put a sampler with real kick snare hat sounds in each.

All wired up in a single rack in about 10 minutes time.

It worked.

ModulR saw the post and then did some REAL beatboxing with his own interpretation on the idea.

It was just plain fun. I never really used it in a song - it was just fun to experiment with the signal flow and what not.

I gotta say, I'm also in love with Garageband on my iPhone. The ONLY thing I don't like about it for songwriting is the forced song section decisions apriori.

I'm also addicted to the Mackie specific plugins, like Final Mix, and the comps. I'm hoping those don't disappear or that I can make use of them in T4.

Indeed... simple and nutty, what an awesome combo. If you put your mind to it, you can explore some very interesting ideas with the racks. That beatbox rack definitely deserves a revisit.
ModuLR / Radio

Nice.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Does it let you do wet/dry mix with any plug-in like Reaper?

Also wasn't S1 2.5 supposed to give us that?
Aiynzahev-sounds

Aiynzahev wrote:Does it let you do wet/dry mix with any plug-in like Reaper?

Also wasn't S1 2.5 supposed to give us that?
Yes to the first question, no idea on the second.

Return to “Tracktion”