Tracktion 4 is reality - JULES DOES IT - 2 Videos on Youtube!!!!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:Does it let you do wet/dry mix with any plug-in like Reaper?

Also wasn't S1 2.5 supposed to give us that?
with unlimited send/return capability, you can do this with any plugin, although not in-track directly unless the particular plugin has it's own wet/dry controls (not all do).

Process:
1. put plugin of choice on a track by itself, set internal plugin parameters to 100% wet. I normally bury these tracks at the bottom of my track list, as they are truly set-it-and-forget-it kind of tracks for the most part. I don't need to really look at them. I shrink them down to minimum track height.
2. Put a return 'filter' (Tracktion's parlance for plugins) in front of that plugin on that track.
3. On any track where you want to control the amount of this plugin's effect on that particular track's audio stream, you put a corresponding send 'filter'.

As far as I know, there's no limit to these, and the effect track where the return is located, can have as complicated a signal chain as you can imagine - as it can house serial effect chains, tracktion's modular racks, etc.

It's a brilliant, non-mixer way to handle send/return buses.

Neat, you can do something like this in Studio One but I am often hearing phase problems!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Runaway wrote:For those intrested we are currently trialing our next version of AATranslator which among other things contains the functionality to create Tracktion session files. So while we already read them soon you will be able to convert from other daws back to Tracktion (if need be).
That sounds interesting; I dug up some of my T2/3 recordings recently and, while my ( limited ) mixing and arranging skills have improved since I switched to Reaper, the old recordings sound better and more lively to me. Being able to convert Reaper sessions into Tracktion might well be the answer to my relatively quiet recent output.
* coffee please, black, no sugar *

With reverb returns in particular, I like to throw on a high-pass filter as well. Then you can filter the low freq's out of your reverb as desired to avoid boominess.

Beware the boominess, I always say.
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

Return to “Tracktion”