Official Tracktion 4 launch

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cannot login, "you do not have sufficient permissions". Bummer. I'll download the demo then.
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

Yeah someone made a typo, I was sent to the same shipping site. I doesn't recognize my having had licenses either. I trust they'll get it working just fine.

jules wrote:Guys, if anyone is still getting redirected to mackie.com, please clear your browser cache. I had the same problem, and couldn't find any other way to persuade the browser to re-load the page.

Also, if you're getting a "permissions" error, we know about and should get it sorted shortly!
mandolarian wrote:Installed the demo..crashed while scanning my 10,000 strong VST folder. Just like the good old days! :cry: :lol: :cry:
10000!? Wow! One of the things I wanted to do, but didn't have time for, was to make it scan using a child-process, so that it would survive any crashes. Will add that soon enough!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, will check KVR again in the morning and survey the carnage! Cheers everyone!
Have a good night's sleep Jules! You're gonna need it tomorrow :D .
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

Oh crap I just realized that I have one maybe even two boxed versions of Tracktion I never opened. I hope I can get them registered as well. I bought them as gifts for a couple of friends when they were blown out at low prices. :o

It says I can get access using my Mackie username and password but I never had a username, just an email address and password, and when I enter that it isn't accepting it.

aMUSEd wrote:It says I can get access using my Mackie username and password but I never had a username, just an email address and password, and when I enter that it isn't accepting it.
I had to reset mine using my email as the username.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

I hope we can change our user name away from our email address (unable to at present) because it displays when you visit the forum. I would rather just have Goseba show.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Most obvious difference: Buttons are slightly less rounded. :wink:

jules wrote:Guys, if anyone is still getting redirected to mackie.com, please clear your browser cache. I had the same problem, and couldn't find any other way to persuade the browser to re-load the page.

Also, if you're getting a "permissions" error, we know about and should get it sorted shortly!
mandolarian wrote:Installed the demo..crashed while scanning my 10,000 strong VST folder. Just like the good old days! :cry: :lol: :cry:
10000!? Wow! One of the things I wanted to do, but didn't have time for, was to make it scan using a child-process, so that it would survive any crashes. Will add that soon enough!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, will check KVR again in the morning and survey the carnage! Cheers everyone!
Happy Groundhog dreams, Jules!

Maybe not 10,000...might have rounded up a bit. Or down.
My root VST folder contains: 1,190 Folders with 18,666 Files. Excessive? Well...it has been 5 years, lotta time on my paws for VST hording. :D

Great news about the child process. Prefer a problem child to re-booting after a scan.

Looking forward to the new T era!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

T4 feels GREAT. Superfast compared to T3.

Goseba wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It says I can get access using my Mackie username and password but I never had a username, just an email address and password, and when I enter that it isn't accepting it.
I had to reset mine using my email as the username.
Tried that but still waiting for the email

Stephan326 wrote:Does not have me as eligible for any upgrades..what up..
Yeah same here - (I own T3 ultimate.. and it's definitely listed as registered on my my.mackie site). Sure it will get sorted out in time... first to download the demo...

this ^

also: before the switch from the Mackie site, I logged in and updated my email address.

but now on the tracktion site, it seems to recognize my old (incorrect) email as a username, but not the new (current) one.

this implies that the traction site is using the wrong email also if I request a new password (since it rejects the password that worked earlier today on the Mackie site...

dead end, since I won't be able to request a new password since it will be sent to a non-existent email account....

what now?
Last edited by JamminFool on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

rockstar_not wrote:I will share a smiley with anyone able to download the demo and report back whether the Mackie plugins, FinalMix specifically, is available for use in T4.

-Scott
Here's how I understand it. No plugs are being shipped with T4, which includes the old Acuma Labs stuff. If you install T3/T2 then update to T4 those plugins will be installed and continue to work.

I don't know if Mackie are still actively developing them, but eventually the plugs may stop playing nice with newer OSs.

You may also not be able to install Tracktion 3 on newer systems. I have to jump through some hoops to get T3 installed on the latest OSX, and one of those hoops is aborting the install prior to the Acuma Labs plugs being installed. :(
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Return to “Tracktion”