Official Tracktion 4 launch

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still got my tracktion 1 license. It's a no-brainer for me too. I'm curious though, in Julian's video, he says the update was for tracktion 2 and 3 and in Woody's message, it's 1 2 and 3. I hope the latter still holds. In any case, the full version is inexpensive. :)
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

ouroboros wrote:good heavens this page is filled w/ old farts
Who are you calling old? :x

Now that I think about it! It was starting to smell kindda funny around here. Now I know why :hihi:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

TSC wrote: I will be on a plane to NAMM when the site goes live -
I wouldn't be too sure about that! :hihi:

man, i used to own tracktion but now own cubase artist but i still remember how much i loved trackton. would love to see where tracktion 4 leads and what happens in v5.

ravasb wrote:It doesn't look like Mackie has given in yet. Their site with Tracktion 3 is still active. Seller's remorse?
:lol:

Not to rain on the DNS party switch - but that can take as long 72 hours to propagate across the DNS servers. That would be equivalent to 5 years in Groundhog minutes. Not acceptable. So...we need the new IP address, before the rioting starts. Anyone got it?

Still points to medieval Woodinville:

AboutUs: TRACKTION.COM

Registrant:
Technologies Inc., LOUD
LOUD Technologies Inc.
16220 Wood-Red Road NE
Woodinville, WA 98072
US

Domain Name: TRACKTION.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Technologies Inc., LOUD

LOUD Technologies Inc.
16220 Wood-Red Road NE
Woodinville, WA 98072
US
(425) 487-4333 fax: (425) 487-4337

Record expires on 12-Aug-2015.
Record created on 14-Sep-2011.
Database last updated on 20-Dec-2012 05:53:44 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

CBRU.BR.NS.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET 199.191.128.105
CMTU.MT.NS.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET 12.127.16.69
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:Not to rain on the DNS party switch - but that can take as long 72 hours to propagate across the DNS servers. That would be equivalent to 5 years in Groundhog minutes. Not acceptable. So...we need the new IP address, before the rioting starts. Anyone got it?
That shouldn't affect tracktionsoftware.com, which is still a coming soon page. Oh well. I've waited five years now. I'm also experienced in website debuts not debuting. I know that feeling very well, indeed. There's always something.

I'll only be upset if when it finally arrives there is a splash page that makes noise.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

We might be the first group to crash a coming soon page.

The last time I felt this impatient was when Nelson Mandela was released in 1990. Realising this would be one of those epochal moments you could tell your grandkids about, like watching the moon landings, the Berlin wall come down, or Tracktion 4 being released, I perched in front of the tv determined to see the great man emerge.

He was an hour late. An hour spent in front of the TV, refusing to move, watching those prison gates and listening to the news coverage.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

ravasb wrote:We might be the first group to crash a coming soon page.
LOL it's a history making day

does anyone not think its strange that TSC has got a 'nickname' under his username, even tho he has only been a member here since Dec 31st?

headquest wrote:Ah, scratch that - I just successfully logged into the Mackie site, which I guess means I'm good :-)
I did the same thing today , right ?? :hihi: Pretty exciting !!

Kriminal wrote:does anyone not think its strange that TSC has got a 'nickname' under his username, even tho he has only been a member here since Dec 31st?
I guess he knows high people in right places :P
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

TSC supposed to be a 3 man team Jules , Woody ( TSC ) , and Dave .

Very exciting! Exactly what Tracktion needed. T3 wasn't bad - just had gotten a bit rough around the edges, and was in need of some TLC.

I know its fashionable to moan about the bundled stuff with T3, but i actually found myself using the loops pretty frequently (if often only to sketch ideas) and especially the VSTs like CronoX and the mackie mixing tools. I'd be disappointed if all that stuff doesn't work in T4 (hoping it all still does, but sometimes they're locked to a particular host/version)

Return to “Tracktion”