Official Tracktion 4 launch

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there KVRers - you guys have a special place in the circle of Tracktioneers so we wanted to spill the beans to you first.

We are proud to announce the formation of Tracktion Software Corporation (TSC), a fully independent company focused on product development, user support and global promotion of the Tracktion brand.

As you have probably figured out by now, the team consists of Julian 'Jules' Storer, Tracktion's original creator (and all around code guru); James 'Woody' Woodburn (me), a self confessed electronic music addict and long time Mackie/Avid product manager; Dave 'Dangerous' Christenson, chart topping recording artist, entrepreneur and long time Euphonix/SSL/Mackie globe trotter.

TSC is an agile, motivated team with the experience needed to take Tracktion to the next level. We don't intend to do this in isolation, you are all part of the Tracktioneer family and we want you to be involved with the future of this great platform - we will be holding events in major cities around the world to meet you face to face and share ideas for future releases, we'll also be holding online research sessions.

Of course, along with the launch of TSC we are making a brand new version of Tracktion software available - T4. This latest version represents a fresh start for the platform and builds on the popular features of Tracktion 3, however, with a significant upgrade. The Tracktion engine has been completely re-written such that it is now fully optimized for the very latest operating systems - both Mac and PC - along with 64bit processing, WMA, AU and WASAPI support.

We will be making the new builds of T4 available to download as the site goes live tomorrow morning (PST). The builds that will be posted first are the 32bit versions - we are still testing the 64bit builds and they will be made available in your user accounts over the next week or two - we are finding that numerous plugins don't run in the 64bit environment, so we will be rolling those out within the user accounts rather than on the open download to avoid potential problems.

Please be aware that T4 is not about new features, it is about compatibility with current OS's, refactoring the codebase for improved performance and creating a rock solid base for further development - a major project for Jules! We have removed a good deal of unnecessary legacy code and Jules has given the platform the very latest Juce innovations. We have also been eradicating some of the long standing bugs that were present in previous versions.

Don't worry, T4 does not contain any superfluous third party FX or VI's - we will be pursuing what we believe is a better path, where each Tracktioneer can choose how they want to customize their experience - we all like a good deal so I will be negotiating the same discounts from 3rd party vendors, only we will let you choose which offers are relevant. We feel this is much better than starting with 10GB of generic 'stuff' that just takes up space on your HD - we leave that to the Garage Band's. Plus, adding Audio Unit support greatly increases the options for modern FX and VI's.

We are making an upgrade available to any previous Tracktion user (V1,2 or 3), that has a user account, for the killer price of $29.99 - new customers pay the full price of $59.99. With a T4 license, you will get both 32bit and 64bit versions for both Mac and PC - you choose which you prefer to run. Your existing user accounts have been transferred from Mackie so please go to www.tracktion.com/login to gain access.

If you need to contact us for any reason, you can reach me either in this forum (my screen name is TSC), the new forum on www.tracktion.com, or email me directly at woody@tracktionsoftware.com

From the team at TSC, we hope you enjoy the new software, the new website and most importantly the new future of the Tracktion brand!

Woody.
Tracktion Software Corporation

Can't wait to demo, what a great price too. I hate all that 10+ of GB of loops and what not and have all the VI's and effects I need. Good move, no clutter :)
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

WooHoo! :)

Thanks for the info Woody, and thanks for dropping it here first!
Best of luck with the new venture. I think you'll have a lot of fans rather quickly!
Last edited by bk on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great!
You can count me back in!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

OMG! I'm buying an upgrade license this weekend! Thank you for hearing us.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

This is just what the doctor ordered. I won't even demo it, i am buying it as soon it is online. Welcome back!
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

Here in Colorado, there are folks that do wear Cowboy hats - I'm not one of them, but if I was, I would throw it up in the air and shout 'Yeehaw'!

-Scott

that's what I have been waiting for over 5 years.... I was sure this day would come... thanks....
Lost in Music...

A promising reboot of the Tracktion franchise. Nice. :)

Sounds great ! Good luck :love:

Welcome back, Tracktion! Will be getting the update as soon as possible! :)
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Believe me or not, but we can hear a big "Hourra" here in France, because Tracktion is back !
What a wonderfull day !

I'm in, welcome back :D

Best news on KVR in years! Well done to Jules and all concerned.

When does it come online? I'm still getting redirects to the old Mackie site at the moment

Return to “Tracktion”