T4 & windows xp

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok Slightly worried, no mention of Win XP on home page! anyone @ TSC able to tell me/us if T4 will run on Windows XP service pack 3? :help:

I have just installed the demo ok on mine with XP SP3. No time to try it though, off to bed now.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Just had look on they're FAQ page,Found this "We are actively testing T4 with Win XP - we understand that musicians don't like to upgrade their PC's very often! Sensible folk" guess I'll hold fire :(

Yes - we are testing on XP - a member of our beta team is all about XP! Its going to be a group discussion (including you) about how long we should continue to debug for the platform. Very much an open discussion.

Let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks,

W.
Tracktion Software Corporation

Just to clarify the position on XP:

I don't have XP any more myself, and do all my development and testing on Win7 (and soon win8), but:

a) Hey, it'll probably be fine!
b) If anyone hits an XP-specific bug, I'll fix it (if possible!)

Obviously our main focus is on the newer OSes rather than the defunct ones, and with 64-bit and multi-core being the key to better performance, I'd heartily recommend an upgrade if you can!

I've downloaded the T4 demo, and installed it on my old XP PC.
I have added a path to my VST plugins folder, and launched the scan : a big crash...
I relaunched T4 and it was OK this time.
I have played a bit around with no problem...

jules wrote:Just to clarify the position on XP:

Obviously our main focus is on the newer OSes rather than the defunct ones, and with 64-bit and multi-core being the key to better performance, I'd heartily recommend an upgrade if you can!
I'm trying out with Mac OS X 10.6.8 and a apart from the occasional drop-outs (at all buffer rates) it works well.

Any love for us "older Macs"?

Thanks.

PS, It would be good to see the paths for the plugins on the initial scan.

I don't have XP any more myself, and do all my development and testing on Win7 (and soon win8), but:

Fantastic news Jules.

About to install on XP SP3.... well let you know if I have any problems.

Congratulations on the great news of T4 too - must be exciting for you to be back with this!

I have downloaded the demo but no time yet to install. What I'm wondering is if T4 will communicate with my old Onyx 1620?

That mixer is how I thankfully found Tracktion in the first place and have been a faithful user ever since.

T1 T2 T3 and now, unbelievably - T4 yeah baby!

On my XP ASIO won't work, not sure why, T3 works OK.
Also when pointing to Lame, T4 crashes but I think it's related to the first problem.
- T4 demo
- Lynx L22 card
- XP SP3

I am not in a rush but wanted to put it out there.
(and no, as far as I can tell the ASIO is not occupied by any other software)

:?

T4 Demo works here...

XP SP2

ASIO works after disabling MIDI Mircosoft GS wavetable synth...

Seems to work fine... no crashes, VST Plugs work, etc... no issues.

dougyo wrote:T4 Demo works here...

XP SP2

ASIO works after disabling MIDI Mircosoft GS wavetable synth...

Seems to work fine... no crashes, VST Plugs work, etc... no issues.
Thanks!

Disabled the MIDI Mircosoft GS and ASIO came to life (after a restart of T4)

:)

OK - I'll give it a shot!

Using win xp w/sp3 and everything so far is running fine. All the synth plugs so far have worked. Clips are OK. Lame is installed and will work when I get my license. Life is good! I haven't tried all the features yet. 8)
Last edited by Integratron on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

headquest wrote:

Fantastic news Jules.

About to install on XP SP3.... well let you know if I have any problems.

Congratulations on the great news of T4 too - must be exciting for you to be back with this!
Andy! All the old heads are back! Good to see T4 after all this time!
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Ok, so I've loaded the demo on my XP SP3 machine, I imported a project that I've been working on in T2, and works fine it T2. I have 3 tracks that are summed to a separate track for mixing, but every time I hit play it crashes. I decided to re-route the track output of those 3 tracks to the mains, and everything plays good. As soon as I try sending the output of one track to the input of another, it doesn't like that. FWIW I eliminated all filters I had on all the tracks just to eliminate that element. I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary that would cause it to crash. I'm not sure what's happening :shrug:

Return to “Tracktion”