No Linux ??? (from the maker of Juce ???)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tenshin111 wrote:
pc999 wrote:
3- There seems to be a lot of interest in Linux from PC manufacturers as both inexpensive and expensive (fewer) PC manufacturers are emerging each day with linux;
Really? I haven't noticed that. Dell was the only serious PC manufacturer that tried to market and sell PCs with Linux but it turned out no one was really interested so they dropped it.
I presume you're talking about consumer systems, because its certainly not true for servers etc. But actually no, Dell havent dropped it (http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/xps ... ux/pd.aspx) and they're not the 'serious PC manufacturer that tried to market and sell PCs with Linux' (http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/5 ... 5-121.html). Plus companies like Lenovo certainly support Linux, and even certify certain hardware for it (http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail. ... IGR-48NT8D).

And a reasonable number of people are interested, it seems. I get the impression a fairly significant percentage of the CGI industry relies on Linux workstations for example. So it kind of depends what you're talking about.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

+1 for a Linux version. But its gonna need to be compatible with JACK , firewire and alsa . And also be able to use LV2 plugins with it . Ex. Linux dsp , ir lv2 reverb , vee one suite , and also Composite (loads hydrogen drum kits ) ... And ill be on board for a linux version ......Bitwig will use JACK but is not LV2 plugin compatible ????

I could live without LV2 compatibility (for a start). Many plugins are also available as native VST versions or will probably be soon.

There are not as many native linux vst plugins as LV2 . I just think a DAW on linux that doesnt work with JACK or LV2 would be totally pointless .

Linux support was discussed briefly, fairly positively, in the Sonic State interview posted a few days ago. I think Jules will port a native Linux version when things settle down, just to see if it will work. Not sure if it will make it to us though, a lot depends.

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Yes that was a good interview , i know T4 needs to get stable for PC n mac 1st . But a version 5 would be pretty cool to have a linux version. Ill probably try out Ardour3 soon seeing it has midi . If anyone is interested with a linux setup and is fimilular with installs they should give av/linux 6 a go , it works really good .

I'm an I&C Engineer with more computers than I have funiture. They are all running Linux/Ubuntu OS except my dedicated DAW which is running XP. YES, I would cherish a Linux upgrade!!! (PS-Thanks for resuscitating Tracktion.)

mcnelson wrote:Linux support was discussed briefly, fairly positively, in the Sonic State interview posted a few days ago. I think Jules will port a native Linux version when things settle down, just to see if it will work. Not sure if it will make it to us though, a lot depends.

NMG
For some reason I cant see it but seems good news, Linux is one of the biggest reasons why I am waiting, and saving, for bitwig after 3-4 big (or more) and interesting DAWs releases in the last 2-3 months.

Anyway if it will be give us a little warning before, to save money, things are getting real rough around here...

Not long to wait :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

pc999 wrote: Anyway if it will be give us a little warning before, to save money, things are getting real rough around here...
I'd say it's worth skipping a few lunches/dinners ;)

MAKE IT SO

RonC

TSC wrote:Not long to wait :)
oooh, really? Didn't see that coming, or not just yet ... :D

If my totally unsuitable, underspecced, probably single core little netbook that currently runs mint can be persuaded to double up as a basic 4 track portable sketchpad, I'll be all excited :love:

(and yeah, i know that's probably not realistic, but I'll take a run at it and see. Chuck ubuntu studio on it, fiddle with jack and alsa like i know what I'm doing, all that good stuff. Keeps me off the streets)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Cool cant wait too give it a run ...

What is the best way to keep updated :D :love: ?

I looked for a FB page or newsletter but didnt saw anything.

Facebook page just went up this week - still creating all the usual links etc

here's the url: https://www.facebook.com/tracktionsoftware
Tracktion Software Corporation

pc999 wrote:
What is the best way to keep updated :D :love: ?

I looked for a FB page or newsletter but didnt saw anything.
www.tracktion.com
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”