BR: Tracktion 4 Key Error

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are keyfiles used in T4?

The messages I've seen and read about state that the license number is invalid or has been used but nothing about a keyfile.
The Madguitrst has left the building

I created a new account and bought the full T4 license for $59. Yesterday I got the message "corrupted key file" when trying to unlock Tracktion. Today I had an epiphany and thought I needed to run Tracktion as administrator in Windows 7 to be able to unlock it. (Tracktion might try to save the key file in the progam directory instead of program data directory.)

Now, however, when trying to unlock the program, I'm informed I don't have an account on tracktion.com, which I have, since that's where I've copied the license key...

I actually have a T3 license, but I could not log in to the old Mackie site. I want to support the development a Tracktion, so instead of starting sending emails about this to save a few bucks I bought a new license.

Just want to say that the problem with the Tracktion web site/unlocking apparently is not only about migrating old Tracktion customers...

Madguitrst wrote:Are keyfiles used in T4?

The messages I've seen and read about state that the license number is invalid or has been used but nothing about a keyfile.
ok, i'm now getting a different error - this time I ran tracktion as admin:

"The was an error. A valid licence key was not located on our server. Please ensure you entered the code correctly".

motty wrote:
Madguitrst wrote:Are keyfiles used in T4?

ok, i'm now getting a different error - this time I ran tracktion as admin:

"The was an error. A valid licence key was not located on our server. Please ensure you entered the code correctly".
This is the message that I am now receiving as well, I think You all need to start over....seriously.

Gymnopedies wrote:I think You all need to start over....seriously.
don't follow what you are saying here...

motty wrote:
Gymnopedies wrote:I think You all need to start over....seriously.
don't follow what you are saying here...
Sorry, what I mean is I think that there needs to be a re-do on the Tracktion data base.
Re-generate all licenses, issue a new build of the software perhaps utilizing a Key file. Like T3.

let's see what happens I'm sure they are working hard on this...

Hey guys - our web team is still trying to figure out a suitable fix - if they cannot get it figured out today, we will be shutting down the site until it is sorted - I cannot apologies enough for the inconvenience. The auth system and unlock procedure was carried over from Mackie so that all existing licenses that Mackie have issued in products (that have not been activated yet) would still function. The system was very old with no documentation - Jules and our web guys managed to decipher the server code, and it was working fine on all our test machines. The issues appeared when the entire user database got switched over - the multiple accounts for existing users causes conflicts. We greatly appreciate your ongoing support and patience - if you need to reach me directly my email is: woody@tracktionsoftware.com

Many thanks Tracktioneers!
Tracktion Software Corporation

TSC wrote:Hey guys - our web team is still trying to figure out a suitable fix
Thanks for the update. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon...

ps. I noticed too that if you click on "about" and then on "buy a licence...", from within T4, you get a non-existing page:

http://www.tracktion.com/landing/buy?num=B9616050

just in case that wasn't on your radar...

Return to “Tracktion”