Which LAME Codec for T4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fellas,

I was trying to import an MP3 into T4, it won't recognize the codec I used for T3. So when I try to import an MP3 file, there is a window that gives you the option to find the codec on your computer, or follow a link to download one. When I try to download the codec in T4, it takes me the the new Tracktion website, and I get a page that is "unavailable". Anyone have any recommendations where I can find a compatible Lame Codec?

Thanks.

I just posted this one minute before you did! :)
Let me know if you find one that works.

edit: Looks like the mods are busy. My post just poofed as I was trying to reply to it!

Anyway, here is what I was going to post:

Tried 3.96.1, 3.98.4, and 3.99.5.
All crash T4 on WinXP SP3 32 bit.

I tried 3.99.5 on Windows 7

No worky worky

OK. The good news is that you can go to Settings/File Settings and set the Lame.exe location there. It still crashed when I tried to go back to the edit the first time, but after relaunching, I was able to import an mp3.

Thanks BK, I completely forgot about the file path settings. Once I set the proper path, it did as you said, crashed on the first attempt, but I relaunched T, and all is good.

Now, where was I................. :D

EDIT:
BTW, here is the link to the CODECS from the old Mackie :wink: site. Maybe these can be added to the new Tracktion Site so we don't have to revisit that "other" website. :hihi:

http://www.mackie.com/products/tracktion2/lame.html

bk wrote:OK. The good news is that you can go to Settings/File Settings and set the Lame.exe location there. It still crashed when I tried to go back to the edit the first time, but after relaunching, I was able to import an mp3.
Thanks, that worked as you said.
OK looks like no more show stoppers... so I'm buying!

:)

Return to “Tracktion”