BR: Plugin scan nightmare

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plugin scan seems overly sensitive and borks on plugs that T3 had absolutely no problem with. This really needs sorting, after countless restarts I have yet to complete a full scan of my vst folders. nyone else having this problem? :(
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Yes, I gave up after several attempts. It gets most of the way through before crashing.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

I had to rescan 20 times (20 non functioning plugins) before it found all mine. The 20 non functioning ones include all my Slate plugins. Which I cant live without. But I know it will get sorted with the next patch or so.

Likewise here. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon, though.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

It might be useful if you can list plugins that crash T during scan.

(keep the posts brief, preferably just the list, though please, otherwise it gets impossible to read through and pull out the meat)
Last edited by valley on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Goseba wrote:Yes, I gave up after several attempts. It gets most of the way through before crashing.
I believe that Jules is going to fix this in an update to make it more robust. If he makes the scan a child process, it shouldn't crash he entire host when it encounters a bad plugin.
For the record, it blacklisted 4 of mine. FG-X and Eventide plugins it does not like!
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

How do I find out which ones crash it?
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

What seems to be happening is it gets to a certain point in the scan and almost seems to 'run out of memory'. If I remove the offending plug, on the next run it will bork on the next one in the folder, if thats removed on next restart will bork on next plug ... repeat till sick of restarting.

I am to plugs what Imelda Marcos was to shoes but I don't think I'm alone in that :)
Last edited by operandx on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The demo crashed on melodyne for me

win7x64 vst
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

operandx wrote:What seems to be happening is it gets to a certain point in the scan and almost seems to 'run out of memory'. If I remove the offending plug, on the next run it will bork on the next one in the folder, if thats removed on next restart will bork on next plug ... repeat till sick of restarting.

I am to plugs what Imelada Marcos was to shoes but I don't think I'm alone in that :)
Yeah, you may be exposing a wholly different problem. I don't know if Jules put a sanity time out or anything like that in the scan, but that kind of thing would match what you're seeing.

being stupid, forgot to add: can you guys also state what OS and whether the plugs are AU/VST , thanks
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Win 7 64 bit. VST plugins. The plugs it's borking on are definately OK in T3. They are not blacklisted by T4 (or should I say redlisted ;)).

audiobot202 wrote:I believe that Jules is going to fix this in an update to make it more robust. If he makes the scan a child process, it shouldn't crash he entire host when it encounters a bad plugin.
That'd be a welcome feature, but if earlier versions of Tracktion, not to mention Reaper, Audacity, Wavosaur, and Audition accept a given plugin and T4 doesn't, chances are good that it's not the plugin.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

operandx wrote:What seems to be happening is it gets to a certain point in the scan and almost seems to 'run out of memory'. If I remove the offending plug, on the next run it will bork on the next one in the folder, if thats removed on next restart will bork on next plug ... repeat till sick of restarting.

I am to plugs what Imelda Marcos was to shoes but I don't think I'm alone in that :)
No, I have more pairs of spiked VSTs than even Imelda and that's in just one of my 1,000 closets.

Same experience here, scan, bork, remove, restart, scan, bork, restart and so on. Using only VSTs on Win7 64bit 8Gigs ram. There are a few T4 disables, like Polypitch, but the ones it borks on during a scan, it later accepts after a restart, so it seems the scanning process has 'issues'.

I'm no C++ programmer, but I played one on YouTube, what about just accepting every plugin without scanning - then later when you actually drag one into a track it spawns a child process to interrogate its bonafides? Ok, probably will slow the workflow, never mind. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Plugin scan went a lot better for me than T3 - faster and only crashed the once.

aMUSEd wrote:Plugin scan went a lot better for me than T3 - faster and only crashed the once.
I'm so jealous, I'm wearing my green VST shoes. Opposite here. Karmic DAW rules perhaps. T3, once the workarounds worked, has been very stable for years, unlike its user.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Return to “Tracktion”