BR: Plugin scan nightmare

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valley wrote:It might be useful if you can list plugins that crash T during scan.

(keep the posts brief, preferably just the list, though please, otherwise it gets impossible to read through and pull out the meat)
T4 crashes on scan with the following VST plugins:

Slate Digital FG-X
Eventide Black Hole
Eventide Stereo Room

Win 7 x64

All of them are protected by iLok2
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I crash on Jamstix 3.5, which is essential for me.

G

Plug-in scan went OK over here. It borked on PushTECEQ.dll so I ran the scan again. It did take a long time... most DAWs do on the first go.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

audiobot202 wrote:All of them are protected by iLok2
Is that a clear trend? Any iLok2 plugs working for you or anyone else?
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
I have several iLok2 plugs and they work fine.

The only thing that didn't work was:

- BFD Stereo
- NastyDLAmkII

I didn't have time to mess with it so far, all in all out of 100's of plugs 2 is not bad,certainly better then upgrading to T3, I have a feeling will be able to get them to work with some messing around.

:wink:

AndrewSimon wrote: I have several iLok2 plugs and they work fine.
What OS? 64/32 bit?

valley wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote: I have several iLok2 plugs and they work fine.
What OS? 64/32 bit?
I'm on XP 32bit

:wink:

Chokes on Waves AU plugs (a mixed bag of Waveshell 7 and 8 ), anything Togu AU...

I'm on an '11 MBP running OSX 10.7.5...these plugs work fine elsewhere.
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

This is like Tracktion 3 with more bugs...big disappointment so far.

bugs wrote:This is like Tracktion 3 with more bugs...big disappointment so far.
The biggest difference is there's some hope that the bugs will be squashed. (BTW, a little bit odd that your name and complaint are the same word.)
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote:
bugs wrote:This is like Tracktion 3 with more bugs...big disappointment so far.
The biggest difference is there's some hope that the bugs will be squashed. (BTW, a little bit odd that your name and complaint are the same word.)
Bugs complaining about bugs sounds like my own code to me.

AndrewSimon wrote: The only thing that didn't work was:

- BFD Stereo
- NastyDLAmkII
Interesting. I had no problems with NastyDLA II. It scanned and works fine here. :?

Yeah, although it's time consuming, best to scan one plug vendor at a time.
I think it's less time consuming than crashes/restarts and it's definitely less frustrating.

The thing is, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it choking on certain plugs, red listing them, and/or simply ignoring them. That is, it will recognize certain plugs from a vendor and no others.

I just had a crash using a verb as soon as I tried to change a parameter....as in T4 just closed fast as lightening....no freeze, just gone. :-o

Ah well, it will get straightened out..... :)
The Madguitrst has left the building

valley wrote:
All of the Softube iLok plugs scanned ok. I have had crash issues in S1 with Eventide Stereo Room as well.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Like Mauvehead, I can't make it through an AU scan on OS X 10.7.5 -- continually crashes (starting with the Mercury Waveshell). Right now, AU plugins are unusable. VST scanning works for the most part. Except for some of my Antares, Arturia and MOTU VST plugins that are protected by iLock2. VST scanning issues seem to be related to iLock2 plugins, although other iLock2 plugins scan ok. It's not consistent in terms of which will pass and which will fail. And when AU/VST scanning fails, T4 crashes back to OS X and must be restarted.

Return to “Tracktion”