Unable to Post on Tracktion.com User Forum.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valley wrote:OK, so the trick to the above is that create new account doesn't actually create a new account.

To reiterate then:

go to tracktion.com

then, from the login drop down menu, select register

you'll see a page with an option to create new account, or download software.

choose create new account (this seems to be for word press only)

update the profile stuff.

set your display style to your name or your nick.

done!
exactly right :D

Replied to a post on the user forum without incident.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Theblumonk wrote:
valley wrote:OK, so the trick to the above is that create new account doesn't actually create a new account.

To reiterate then:

go to tracktion.com

then, from the login drop down menu, select register

you'll see a page with an option to create new account, or download software.

choose create new account (this seems to be for word press only)

update the profile stuff.

set your display style to your name or your nick.

done!
exactly right :D
That's insane! And it didn't work for me. Kept going to the new user entry form. Will keep trying tho.

BTW - the forum layout is a hideous piece of design work. What's up with the header bits and bobs taking up so much of the post space! Nevermind the cryptic iconography, micro-sized fonts and space-wasting left sidebar. It feels like a piece of forum software designed to keep people from engaging in the forum. Works for me. I'll stay over here in the KVR world-view that's at least legible and allows for :x and :(

How is it that the vector based, anything can be re-sized DAW has a non-responsive website that doesn't re-size to different devices??? There are dozens of better WP themes out there that are responsive, no need to pick one from 2008. How am I going to send my missives from my smartphone on the forum that I won't visit since it doesn't want me? Uh...never mind. I'm cranky. Tracktion deserves a slick, easy to navigate site that scales. This isn't it. :x

/rant
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote: BTW - the forum layout is a hideous piece of design work. What's up with the header bits and bobs taking up so much of the post space! Nevermind the cryptic iconography, micro-sized fonts and space-wasting left sidebar. It feels like a piece of forum software designed to keep people from engaging in the forum. Works for me. I'll stay over here in the KVR world-view that's at least legible and allows for :x and :(

How is it that the vector based, anything can be re-sized DAW has a non-responsive website that doesn't re-size to different devices??? There are dozens of better WP themes out there that are responsive, no need to pick one from 2008. How am I going to send my missives from my smartphone on the forum that I won't visit since it doesn't want me? Uh...never mind. I'm cranky. Tracktion deserves a slick, easy to navigate site that scales. This isn't it. :x
Yes, it doesn't come over as professional at all! Best if they ditch it and start over with some proper web devs. Can't imagine Jules being pleased with this crap.

I would not use that forum with it's current design unless this kvr forum could not be used. As someone else said...The forum fonts are very small on the Tracktion.com forum, and there does appear to be a lot of wasted space.

As a result the space reserved for posting and reading posts seems needlessly small. :? :shrug:

More familiar and not so gloomy!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Followed directions. Changed username successfully. Still can't post or reply.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

bobmartinmusic wrote:This,

http://www.simplemachines.org/

BobM
Lovely. The Bluebird theme looks great! The software appears to be completely free as well. Hopefully Jules and co will consider it. :)

christianmusicmaker wrote:
bobmartinmusic wrote:This,

http://www.simplemachines.org/

BobM
Lovely. The Bluebird theme looks great! The software appears to be completely free as well. Hopefully Jules and co will consider it. :)
But I personally don't understand what is the need for an internal forum when Tracktion has always had its user "homebase" here in KVR. :?
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

I am not sure either but it seems Jules an Co. See a need. I am quite happy to post Tracktion related stuff over here. But if they do persist with two forums then if something like the "simplemachines" suggestion is considered then I think it would be a huge improvement on the current Tracktion.com forum. :)

Return to “Tracktion”