T4 Way Too Soon

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zentatonic wrote:T4 is already the most stable Tracktion version yet for me. :shrug:
Interesting how some people are finding T4 to be stable. For me, all previous versions have been fairly stable (don't remember when T3 crashed the last time) and my major problem with T3 was that on my computer it only used one (virtual) CPU core, regardless of settings.

T4 seems to use the CPUs properly but crashes/freezes _all_ the time (seriously, after 5 minutes tops if I do any changes to my project) and a lot of plugins just don't work with it.

Do we already know what's causing the major differences in stability between systems? If it's of any use I'd gladly share my system specs as an example of a non-stable environment.

To be clear, I'm still really happy that development work is now continuing :)

Perret wrote:… For me, all previous versions have been fairly stable (don't remember when T3 crashed the last time)…
Obviously, you're not on Macs.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Well, I paid full price even though I could have upgraded since I've been a user since T1. I suppose that could be considered a tiny donation.

You guys complaining about what's practically freeware are douches.

Also if you're on a Mac, try a Windows machine. Macs don't shit marble.

DWS wrote:Also if you're on a Mac, try a Windows machine. Macs don't shit marble.
If that was a response to my Mac observation above, maybe you didn't get the gist of my remark.

To spell it out, while many XP folks seem to have had stable systems with T3, Mackie never managed to produce a tolerably bug free Mac version.

That's why I'm happy to see T4 already running plug-ins that would stop T3 dead in its tracks.

/Joachim

Spitfire31 wrote:
DWS wrote:Also if you're on a Mac, try a Windows machine. Macs don't shit marble.
If that was a response to my Mac observation above, maybe you didn't get the gist of my remark.

To spell it out, while many XP folks seem to have had stable systems with T3, Mackie never managed to produce a tolerably bug free Mac version.

That's why I'm happy to see T4 already running plug-ins that would stop T3 dead in its tracks.

/Joachim
Apologies, I'm reading too fast, and too loyal. :(

DWS wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
Apologies, I'm reading too fast, and too loyal. :(
No prob! :wink:

/Joachim

Return to “Tracktion”