What's with the crickets?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DaveL60 wrote:As a US mid-Atlantic resident, I'll happily take crickets over our impending invasion of cicadas. :-o

DaveL
Don't think of it as an invasion. Think of it as a one in seventeen year opportunity. Get out there with a field recorder and get some cicada samples. You could play with the samples and create a full cicada orchestra. You don't hear one of those everyday.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Still very quiet lately, where's all the T users?

RonC

Itching to make some music this weekend .... :hihi: Anyways how is 4.4.10 working out for you Ron ? Im liking it pretty good so far over here .

Waiting for new upgrade, sound is choppy here during editing.

It seems the developers are knotted in a coding loop. :-)

perhaps they have been working on ghost clip and new midi editing features, or having a beer on the beach ? :D

Well im surprised not many users here talking about it. Tracktion has been behaving but haven't had too much time to work in the studio , due to illness, but been playing around on my laptop with it.

... and just about 900 "likes" on Facebook. Only hardcore-fans around here, I guess. :o

The website has had a makeover...
http://www.tracktion.com
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

cool, looks and behaves a little better than old one, which was erratic in some ways.

rpc9943 wrote:Well im surprised not many users here talking about it. Tracktion has been behaving but haven't had too much time to work in the studio , due to illness, but been playing around on my laptop with it.
Everybody moved on a long time ago because of the poor support from the previous owners, now Tracktion is so out of date that nobody is really interested until something big is added that puts it back in the game, right now it is one of the worst apps around unless you simply can not use anything else (I can't for one reason think why you would be stuck in that position, but anyway)

And believe me I am not just saying this because i have a problem with the devs, I have met Jules and he is a great fella, Couldn't wish him to do better if i tried, but i am too busy to wait around for an app that is not even second rate at this point (I will keep popping in now and then though)
Duh

Hey Bungle - just curious - what features would make Tracktion 'first rate' in your world?

Serious question as we are now deep into developing T5 which is bringing a lot of new stuff to the table.
Tracktion Software Corporation

bungle wrote: right now it is one of the worst apps around unless you simply can not use anything else
Don't think that is quite fair. Actually it is pretty functional and can do most jobs. Besides, workflow is still faster than most other daws.

But on the other hand, still not completely stable. Probably little things like 'Rewire error' and 'mp3 codec missing' that makes it less reliable at the moment.

Suggestions for T5: even better workflow, up to date suite of plugins, cpu optimisation, midi overhaul. But to really stand out, it has to have new surprising stuff other daws haven't yet imagined. :D

What's lacking when I work with Tracktion is not features, but my ability to come up with musical ideas...

I hope that T5 will automatically create new Takes when loop recording MIDI!

Paired with a clever Take comping feature.

That's what I need as a less than mediocre keyboard player. ;-)

And that's what I've been nagging MOTU about, but to no avail. Yet, that is.

Please consider it!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Tracktion”