Need Mackie Final Mix .dll **SOLVED**

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*****EDIT***** SOLVED Thank You

Mystery solved.

Just found out from reliable source that T4 4.3.0 will not recognize the Final Mix vst .dll from T2, only the one from T3.

Will someone be kind enough to e-mail me the T3 Mackie Final Mix .dll at RJWlaw@aol.com?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by RJWlaw@aol.com on Thu May 23, 2013 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just mailed :)

Just thought Id add whether you are Mac or PC there is a nice free multiband,compressor,clipper,limiter plugin called Limiter no6 it is 32/64 bit Mac or PC versions http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/limiter6/ the alternate GUI has the english writing on the plugin by the way . You could always use this and a linear phase EQ such as the free SplineEQ or the $19 payware version http://photosounder.com/splineeq/download.php on the master and you would get some results simular or better than finalmix and both are 32/64 bit Mac and PC . I know this doesnt help for your old projects using finalmix on single tracks but if you are using final mix on the master buss these 2 plugins are a free and great alternative to it . :wink:

Thanks for the info; I will give them a look. I have some UAD vst compressors and Pultec EQ, but I have to tell you, the Final Mix "Punch" preset is dialed in perfectly for the drum buss, and "The Leveler" preset is dialed in perfectly for use on the master buss for a conventional pop or rock band.

I use FinalMix followed by a brickwall limiter on the master buss and I am always amazed at the professional sounding "glue-effect-with-sheen" that results. If you carefully position your instruments in the sound field before adding these vsts, the resulting depth and complexity and "voodoo" that occurs is quite nice.

Thanks again.

Say what you like about Mackie, but their inclusion of the Final Mix plugin brought Tracktion to another level. So happy to find the T3 version works like a charm with T4!
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

Hi Skipkent.

Are you getting Final Mix/Mackie Plugs to work with T4 64 bit in bridged mode with JBridge? Or are you referring to 32 bit T4.

Thanks.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

shindigger wrote:Hi Skipkent.

Are you getting Final Mix/Mackie Plugs to work with T4 64 bit in bridged mode with JBridge? Or are you referring to 32 bit T4.

Thanks.

The Acuma Lab designers did some evil things to the Final Mix vst which does not allow it to be used in DAWs other than T, and I believe it is also invisible to Jbridge. I soooo wish that I can find a way to use Final Mix with T4 64bit

Hi Skipkent

Thanks for the input. I still have my original T3 discs so I am going to install the whole kit and caboodle to see if that makes any difference.

As mentioned earlier, I installed Jbridge the other day to see if that would save some time and effort but it seems you have already tried that without the happy ending we hoped for.

I don't remember exactly what your process was. Did you try install all of the T3 plugs or just Final Mix? Judging from the odd setup instructions and the notes on authorization there may be a couple of layers of security to prevent people from installing the goodies without paying for the package. That's why I thought I'd try installing everything.

However, without being able to contact the mothership to validate the license I don't have any guesses except to install it, pick up the .dll and try to find the presets then save them somewhere while I delete the uninstallable T3 package and see if I can use them with Jbridge in 64 bit mode.

I'd like to find Acuma and pay them for a working version but someone said they have vanished. Anyway, If this doesn't work I'll take the kind advice provided a few posts ago and install the freebies. Final Mix is about 5 years old and there seems to be a lot of good, current 64-bit freeware available that could take its place if I have the patience to put it together and learn how to use it.

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Terry, You had helped RJWlaw@aol.com (mailto:RJWlaw@aol.com) with a Mackie Final Mix dll from T3. I wrote to RJ but have not heard back. I am new to Tracktion 4 and would like to use Final Mix. If you can send it to me, I would appreciate it greatly. To date I have been using Audacity, but Final Mix looks as if it has capabilities I saw demonstrated in the ($600 expensive) Pro Tools. You can reach me at westcoast-swing.com and also listen to my first 10 songs. Thanks for any help. Frank

Hi Frank,
tried to connect to westcoast-swing.com,without success.

email me: terry_noakes@hotmail.com, and ill send F/Mix dll, however a word of caution, Final Mix may not behave to well with T4,
Read what RJWLaw said a couple of posts above.
It may at some point be worth upgrading to T5, as I think I read somewhere on this forum that TSC may well be working on a version of final mix,that will play nicely with the latest version of Tracktion. fingers crossed.

Cheers
Terry
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Rumour has it there are 'unlocked' versions of the T3 plugins available.

The moral implications of using pirated abandonware for which I own a lifetime licence make my head melt.

They will bridge, but not load the preset list in bridged mode. Presets can be browsed and loaded fine.

... so I've heard.

terrynoakes wrote: It may at some point be worth upgrading to T5, as I think I read somewhere on this forum that TSC may well be working on a version of final mix,that will play nicely with the latest version of Tracktion. fingers crossed.

Cheers
Terry
Yep, it was in the Gearslutz interview that was posted a couple of months back - bottom of the article:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews ... n-5-a.html

Neil
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Hauling this up from the depths of the forum.

I have T1, T2, T3, T4 and now T6 licenses. I have my T3 Ultimate Bundle install discs.

I strongly desire to use not only Final Mix, but the Mackie channel strip and compressor plugins as well.

I won't use a cracked version.

Is it possible to use my T3 Mackie/Acuma plugins? I'm intentionally running the 32 bit version of T6. I have my HDD from an old lappy where I had T3 installed - is it simply a matter of transferring the DLL files, because I have them?

-Scott

If you have T3 installed just point T6 to folder with Mackie plugs.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

The Mackie/Acuma versions of the plugs are not stable on T4/5/6 and the current crop of operating systems - the code is simply too old and Mackie is not interested in doing any updates

We created the Master Mix plugin to replace Final Mix for exactly this reason - I strongly recommend you get MM and enjoy a more stable system :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Return to “Tracktion”