Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

'MIDI learn' sounds new. What could that be? Two open Edits and option for more, like it, nice for C&P, etc. Icons added to names at left of tracks. Track output channels stated (set?) in filter section...

Shhh, don't tell anyone I told you! :wink:
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

fedexnman wrote:They just updated their Facebook page , looks like some Track icons , better inline midi drum grid , and I have no idea where the loop browser has moved too but it looks way cleaner than T3-4 ever looked GUI wise.
Loop browser may be just hidden as I usually have mine.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Yeah I see the square in the upper left corner , so its still there , looks like Racks has moved Im thinking its the red and white icon to the top right corner next to what looks like a filter icon ? gui looks really clean , especially the midi drum track . Im interested to see a feature list .

jabe wrote:'MIDI learn' sounds new. What could that be?
I hope that it is what I asked for in #3 here:

http://forums.tracktion.com/forum/track ... uggestions

Could be, though would it then belong in the Properties box for each VST(i)? Hmmm, intriguing.

Here's hoping the track icons are optional....

frankvg wrote:
woolyloach wrote:Fix it so the main transport keeps running when you audition a loop and I'll jump right back to the big T!
You can't "fix" something that isn't broken. Perhaps T is not the right tool for you?
Likely not, given that Sonar, Acid, Digital Performer, Studio One, etc. work in exactly they way I would expect.

Thanks - you've helped me save my money. 8) The world needs more people like you, think of the incredibly positive economic impact you could have on so many lives! The money saved could be quite significant! :)
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

kristinachilds wrote:he over house ... i'm a notoriously bad speller
And sometimes you lapse into Tarzan-speak. :P
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

woolyloach wrote: Likely not, given that Sonar, Acid, Digital Performer, Studio One, etc. work in exactly they way I would expect.
Or, if you actually feel it is needed for Tracktion, a feature request could be a really positive approach. I believe Jules is very open to good ideas.

I would rather have bendy arrows than pictures of instruments - or BIG FONT track ID rather than pix of instruments. I know what a drum kit looks like.

However - the big thing I see on that teaser screen shot is multiple edits open simultaneously on different tabs. I didn't see that mentioned here. Kind of interesting - I don't know that I'll use it that much, but I can see some users really liking that quite a bit. Now, if the tabs are sync'ed together and play simultaneously, then we have a somewhat mind-blowing way to do 'folder tracks', don't we? We move away from modeless single-screen editing in an interesting way.

Or it might just be multiple open edit/projects...

I noticed two edits opened as well ... I liked the BENDY ARROWS TOO . but the other inputs are draggable so ? I would like to see Bendy arrows back , maybe not make it a default setting but an option .

fedexnman wrote:I noticed two edits opened as well ... I liked the BENDY ARROWS TOO . but the other inputs are draggable so ? I would like to see Bendy arrows back , maybe not make it a default setting but an option .
Bendy arrows - it was really just an endearing thing but was one of those GUI differences that was a hallmark of a different way of thinking.

I did fine without them and rather got used to the T3 way of working.

However, I really hope that there's a way to use big text ID for tracks. I don't know if others are like me, but I'm my own recording engineer, producer, etc. I like to look across the room from where my 'booth' is located and see which track is armed, etc. Pictures, while cute, are not helpful. Descriptive text is - like, "Rhythm G left", "Beat 1", "16th hats", etc.

Looking forward to the official release.

-Scott

rockstar_not wrote:I would rather have bendy arrows than pictures of instruments - or BIG FONT track ID rather than pix of instruments. I know what a drum kit looks like.

However - the big thing I see on that teaser screen shot is multiple edits open simultaneously on different tabs. I didn't see that mentioned here. Kind of interesting - I don't know that I'll use it that much, but I can see some users really liking that quite a bit. Now, if the tabs are sync'ed together and play simultaneously, then we have a somewhat mind-blowing way to do 'folder tracks', don't we? We move away from modeless single-screen editing in an interesting way.

Or it might just be multiple open edit/projects...
All the tracks will be endlessly resizable as they are now.

Someone had mentioned the mutiple edits. There's a + tab to allow more.

I think synced Edits might be a bit much. Can't see any point. I can see a point in opening multiple projects.

DRUM GRIDS!!!!!! This has been a wishlist feature for YEARS for me. I'm hoping the huge track icons are optional, but it looks really clean and usable. I'm excited! Viva la Tracktion!!
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

I'm hoping one can create one's own track icons. Drum grid would indeed be fab, plus the ability to edit to suit your drum plug-in (or external one).

Return to “Tracktion”