Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update - they have fixed it already!

Offline worked for me :D
I will be offline for 6 weeks or so so I thought having the key in my PC would make sense just in case :wink:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

first trial on OSX Maverick :

It seems not possible to adjust per note velocity and note swing quantize on the step sequencer which I think is a shame.
on a midi clip, It is not easy to see which note automation parameters were edited, it quicly becomes a mess if you edited several parameters and you don't remenber which ones !
Also noticed if you draw a note automation curve, it does not change parameters at first, I must move the note or change the note lenght in order to hear it.
Some plugins UI bugs, ABL2 and Albino3 for example, no knobs movements.
Also had several fatal crashes.

Hope this help.

Why does it still take half a century to scan a small amount of plugins, and why does it take 100% of my CPU during the whole process?

Surely you could have fixed that in this release.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Is there an option to audition loop while project is playing? You know mix and match loops just like Acid, Reaper, Sonar. Am I missing something? As soon as I click on a loop the project stops playing and the loop starts playing.
Changing audio device crashes it immediately without any message.
Cannot find an easy way to quantize the recorded midi. I tried to align the notes manually but to no avail, it doesn't snap to the grid. Stretching is possible while dragging from the end of the note, it should be on both sides of the note.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

aMUSEd wrote:OMG the record from virtual instrument into audio track is so intuitive - sold instantly! You can even create a midi take and audio take simultaneously. Wonderful.
Yeah, I've been waiting for this since I first moved from my 4 track Tascam cassette recorder to T2 in 2006, and one of the main reasons I ditched Tracktion for Reaper. So glad it's here! Thanks Tracktion crew!

satYatunes wrote: Cannot find an easy way to quantize the recorded midi. I tried to align the notes manually but to no avail, it doesn't snap to the grid.
If you want to quantise as you record (probably not, but if you do), click on the midi input on the left side of the edit screen, to bring its properties up in the panel at the bottom, in the middle. See the Quantise dropdown bit? Set that anything from 1 beat to 1/64 beat.

More likely you want to quantise after recording, either individual notes, or maybe everything in the clip you just played. Click on the midi clip, choose the arrow, click and drag over one or more notes in the clip, and you'll see the properties panel (the bit in the middle, at the bottom of the screen) change to show you a new Quantise menu, with popup options to quantise note start times, lengths, both, one but not the other... should be what you're looking for

If you are trying to quantise every note in the clip, click+drag to select one or more notes in the clip, as above, then go to the Select Notes popup that's appeared in the properties panel at the bottom. You can then choose "Select all notes in the clip", or one of the other options that suits what you're trying to do.
satYatunes wrote:Stretching is possible while dragging from the end of the note, it should be on both sides of the note.
Use Ctrl + drag the left side of a midi note to move the start time of the note (on windows). I assume it's Cmd + click/drag on mac., but if not, try other modifier keys while click/dragging (Alt key, etc)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

spaceman wrote:Why does it still take half a century to scan a small amount of plugins, and why does it take 100% of my CPU during the whole process?

Surely you could have fixed that in this release.
Looks like it's on the radar;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5633405
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”