Tracktion 5....Cannot Wait, What Could It Be?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you Jules, but man do you keep us in suspense!
:)

Is this gonna be... today? Tomorrow?
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Febuary 2nd is Groundhogs Day ...... Hopefully not too long a wait .

credit card ready to go ... :hihi:

At least they're not all snowed in at an airport somewhere between NAMM and One Tracktion Plaza

:hyper:

[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Well, I almost guessed it with the tabbed edits. I like that feature.

I really like the look of the new features. They all look like great ideas and improved workflow. I wonder if regular MIDI editing will be updated. Still baffled that download software companies announce at NAMM, though. Seems kinda like announcing a new snowmobile in the Maldives in spring.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I whish that video last more time.

So what I discovered :
icon track
per clip effects
row numbers in midi clips so I suppose for drum map purpose
easy audio reverse
main edit tab management, hope change in sub editing will be reflected in main edit, kind of ghost clips.
clear and easy UI
Track freeze with level available
Per track processor use

Did no see a lot of new features on the midi side like basic editing, cut overlapped notes, join notes, delete double notes, transfom, randomize... ?
midi controlers editiing seems to be still scaled, i wolud have prefer a curve.

That's a great update from T4 ! :party:
Last edited by dupont on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupont wrote:So what I discovered :
per clip effects
Clip fx since T1

How can you miss track in track?
Were you actually watching the video?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I was just re-watching the first video, and noticed in the still at the end, telling us to expect more after NAMM, that there was a filter arrow on the left side on the bottom most track. It looks kind of like a return from another track, but before the track it was assigned to...

Also in the NAMM exclusive features video, I noticed in the properties for a clip made from another edit that it looks like we can select the tracks we are working with from inside the clip instead of having to open the edit. That would mean we could make multiple clips based off an existing edit with different track elements per clip... I don't think I've seen that feature before.

frankvg wrote:
dupont wrote:So what I discovered :
per clip effects
Clip fx since T1
I've been a Tracktion user since T1 and I didn't even know that was possible !
I've just tried in T4 and you can't drag & drop a filter in a midi clip only on audio clips !!
Last edited by dupont on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

egear wrote:I was just re-watching the first video, and noticed in the still at the end, telling us to expect more after NAMM, that there was a filter arrow on the left side on the bottom most track. It looks kind of like a return from another track, but before the track it was assigned to...
That's a T4 screenshot, and the filter is an input.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

spaceman wrote:How can you miss track in track?
Were you actually watching the video?
I did not catch what it was at first as it was confused to me, that's a good news.

I didn't see much about any new rack functionality. Any news as to sidechaining made easier? Anyway, like the new look and there will definitely be something in there I find really useful.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Return to “Tracktion”