T5 bugs + FRs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using Tracktion 5.3.5 64bit on Windows 8.1 64 bit with Reason 7.1 64bit.

The Tracktion ReWire plugin is doing strange things. No matter which ReWire channels I select in Tracktion I don't get a right channel unless I plug the device into ReWire channel 2 in Reason. E.g. I have a device plugged in ReWire channels 7 and 8 in Reason and I've selected channels 7 and 8 in Tracktion. I won't hear the right channel of the device unless I move the Reason cable from channel 8 to channel 2.

Everything works fine in other hosts.

bobmartinmusic wrote:
AzureCrystal wrote:
bobmartinmusic wrote:Export then "Render each track to a separate file"?
I saw that option, unless I misunderstand, why would I want 100 files of the same project? I simply want one midi file with 100 tracks, like all other sequencers export...
I'm not a regular MIDI user anymore but I was able to render some Drum loops to type 0 and 1 files, but confusingly there is a faulty message, "no midi found" when the files where created.

It's not intuitive and it would be much better if Tracktion used the standard "0 and 1" in the dialogue box.
I do a lot of game and film scoring and midi is the core of my workflow, I do everything in midi until the score is fleshed out, then I only render in audio after I know I won't be making any changes, so in my case midi is king...

I'm new to Tracktion but from what I've read in its docs and elsewhere on the web I should be able to lasso-select multiple clips with a rectangle by holding ALT and dragging with a left click. This is not working for me with T 5.3.5 under Ubuntu 12.04 using either KDE or the Openbox window manager.

The prob under most Linux desktops and X window managers is that ALT+LMB drag usually moves windows whereever/whenever you click within that window but I've disabled this key binding under both KDE and Openbox with the same, non-lasso'ing result under T5.3.5.

Can any other Linux users (under a different distro or desktop) confirm this and is it working OK under Windows or OSX?

ALT+LMB drag works for me on OSX.

Thanks for the feedback Bob!

Hi

I have a question about using Tracktion 5 and the Virus TI.

The 1x rendering option is still too fast to get a proper record from the virus. It has to be real time bouncing, or the rendered audio sounds like crap.
So, is there a hidden real time bounce option in Tracktion or will there be such a thing in the future?

Besides that problem, i really like Tracktion 5 so far. :)

Ahh.. one more question.
Is it possible to midi learn the 3 "zoom to fit" buttons somehow?

Not to worry about the lasso selection under Linux issue. I've just learned that contrary to what the T4 manual (yes, T4. There is no T5 manual yet, right?) states, you have to hold down the Windows key and LMB drag to perform a lasso selection under T5 for Linux.

EDIT

T5's pop-up help also says you need to hold ALT + LMB to lasso select but I realise Tracktion's Windows / OSX history and continued focus.

alejandrozalaquett wrote:There seems to be a problem with T5 5.3.5 on OSX when exporting a mp3 replacing an existing file. The file is not replaced and it is rendered to a new file in the project folder instead.

Also there is still no solution on Fabfilter pluguins black GUI.

Love T5!
Any news???
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

alejandrozalaquett wrote:
alejandrozalaquett wrote:There seems to be a problem with T5 5.3.5 on OSX when exporting a mp3 replacing an existing file. The file is not replaced and it is rendered to a new file in the project folder instead.

Also there is still no solution on Fabfilter pluguins black GUI.

Love T5!
Any news???
Very happy!
5.3.6 fixed my Fabfilter GUI bug!

Now I have to wait for the replace files bug on OSX.

Great Job TSC!!!
Alejandro Zalaquett
http://alejandrozalaquett.bandcamp.com

Macbook Pro Retina 15’, Late 2013

Greetings!

On Linux we have next troubles:
Non-latin characters (UTF8) displayed as spaces.
Unable to import|open any file other than WAV, however strace shows, that application succesfuly opens libvorbis, libogg etc.

Tracktion 5.3.6, openSUSE 13.1
Thank You.

It's one of the less troubling bugs I think but whenever I start Tracktion it briefly shows two instances in the KDE panel (taskbar) - the second one disappears after a minute or so.

It has done this since the first T 5.x release, it is still present in 5.3.6 and I've read reports of the same thing happening under OSX too.

A few Feature Requests ...

I hesitated to join this thread. I really like Tracktion 5 but:

There is one Feature I wish all DAW's could have! :

When I use a VST(i) I think It would be very useful to be able to randomize the preset parameters (by percentage). That way one is aided in creating new sound patches!

Also, I absolutely LOVE the take recording (it's right up my alley), but one thing could improve it: to be able to enroll the recorded takes onto the same track!

Finally, as in my other post, I hope that TSC eventually will make a text manual for Tracktion 5!

Bug found: T5's Pitch shifter induces a huge amout of latency.

I normally use T5's pitch shifter to shift the MIDI of a track up and down. So I put it in front of a synth plugin. There the pitch shifter induces a latency of 139.32 ms which can be clealy seen in the CPU usage window. As a result the whole track is far behind the rest of the song.
This is totally reproducable: insert a new pitch shifter somewhere in the plugin chain and it generates 139.32 ms latency in that track.

I am using T 5.3.9 x64 on Windows 7 x64.
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Hi crisis-at-music, although the pitch shifter introduces latency, Tracktion should automatically compensate for that. 139ms is a rather large delay and would be heard as a very distinct echo which I don't think is the case here.

To test this, add an audio loop to a track and then copy it to the track below.
Set the start time of the second clip to 139 ms and listen to the playback. You will hear the echoed clip.
Rest both clips to a start time of 0 and insert a pitch shifter plugin on the second track.
Shift the pitch up and down and you will not hear this echo, the clips will stay in time.

Let us know if your results vary to the above. Cheers, Dave.

crisis-at-music wrote:I normally use T5's pitch shifter to shift the MIDI of a track up and down.
:?: Surely you mean shifte the AUDIO of a track?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Tracktion”