T5 bugs + FRs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for all the great feedback about T5 folks!

Unfortunately there's so much of it that it's not really very easy for us to follow it all, and a lot of good suggestions or bugs are likely to get lost in the noise.

In the run-up to the T5 release, we set up a bug-tracking database for our beta-testers, and this worked extremely well, so our plan is to keep that running and open it up to those of you who want to make serious FR/BRs. I've seen the same few names popping up in the forum making a lot of these reports, so I'm sure you know who you are ;)

If you want to do this, please ping Woody by email and he'll set you up with an account. By using the database, you'll know that we're guaranteed to pay attention to your report, and you'll get feedback when we fix it.

Sounds like a good idea. If I may be so bold as to ask a JUCE question related to Tracktion here... was the first note bug specific to Tracktion? I ask because insertpizhere's MidiLooper has skipped first note issues and am wondering whether a post JUCEquake recompile would possibly sort that.

El Capitano II wrote:Sounds like a good idea. If I may be so bold as to ask a JUCE question related to Tracktion here... was the first note bug specific to Tracktion? I ask because insertpizhere's MidiLooper has skipped first note issues and am wondering whether a post JUCEquake recompile would possibly sort that.
Nothing at all to do with JUCE.

Making a clean join between the first and last blocks in a loop is tricky, and it's not surprising that we weren't the only DAW to have errors in doing that. In tracktion the problem was a side-effect of the way the old audio engine was designed, and we had to rewrite a lot of code to make it possible to fix it, but it was sorted out many months ago and I'm not sure why anyone still mentions it!

Cool, thanks for the info. I've just got back into Tracktion the last few days so missed the intra hibernation updates. :)

Line tool creates grid-level stepped automation CC data even though Snap is turned off. Would be nice if this was ppm/tick resolution automation when snap disabled. (this has been the case for 5 versions now)

fandango wrote:Line tool creates grid-level stepped automation CC data even though Snap is turned off. Would be nice if this was ppm/tick resolution automation when snap disabled. (this has been the case for 5 versions now)
Get yourself added to our bug-tracker, and add that as a FR!

Many thanks Jules, there's also an issue with smooth drawing curves I'll add as a separate BR. :)

Just a quick congratulations+thank you message. T5 works fast and reliably here, and the new features look very handy. BTW, popup help now shows text in the language chosen in setup (not my Windows 7-language, as it does in T4), so right now I can't think of anything to complain about at all.

jules wrote: If you want to do this, please ping Woody by email and he'll set you up with an account.
I’d like to start one re EZDrummer on OSX, I can’t find Woody’s email. Thanks.

bobmartinmusic wrote:
jules wrote: If you want to do this, please ping Woody by email and he'll set you up with an account.
support@tracktion.com should reach him.

Does T5 support MIDI/USB control surfaces like Mackie HUI, Presonus Faderport, Alphatrack?

If it doesn't, it would be nice to have that. I use Faderport a lot with Reaper. :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

jules wrote:
bobmartinmusic wrote:
support@tracktion.com should reach him.
Sent.

I think one instrument, SYNTH, should be added (traded) in the matrix section of the loop browser.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

DuX wrote:Does T5 support MIDI/USB control surfaces like Mackie HUI, Presonus Faderport, Alphatrack?

If it doesn't, it would be nice to have that. I use Faderport a lot with Reaper. :D
Only needed the MIDI ports set up to work straight away with my ProjectMix. Doesn't quite display automation from the faders etc the way I'd expect while its recording it (ie it doesnt display the automation there and then) but once its recorded it, it displays and behaves exactly as I'd want, fader movement and all.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DuX wrote:Does T5 support MIDI/USB control surfaces like Mackie HUI, Presonus Faderport, Alphatrack?

Did you check out MIDI LEARN... it's completely new in T5! :o
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Tracktion”