Recording Stops Prematurely

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a persistent problem in that while recording with Tracktion, the recording just stops anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 seconds. I am only recording to one track. I use an AudioBox VS224 Midi Interface and have tried various buffer times. I have a toshiba P75-A7200 computer running Win 8,1. I have 8 gig memory and a I7-4700MQ processor. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks
balance

Almost certainly a problem with your audio driver - try checking for the latest driver that is available for your audio interface and ensure it is Win 8 compatible
Tracktion Software Corporation

Mr TSC, sir.
I have a related question.
When using an USB audio interface, is it advisable to shut off the built in audio engine through the control panel?
I put mine in airplane mode, make sure wireless is off, never sleep, disable network connections and A/V apps.
Anything else?
Hoozda Band

When you are recording, it is sensible to shutoff any unnecessary processes on your computer - this is not an absolute requirement, just a good practice. A few years ago when computers were less powerful this was a must - now you can get away with having your computer doing a bunch of background tasks without impacting a recording - its just it introduces more load on the system and therefor a 'chance' that your recording might get interrupted. When I do video work on my Mac, I still need to shutoff everything except for the video app itself - an audio session can certainly grow to a similar intensity - especially if using VI's and hungry FX - although we have more tools to manage CPU resources than the video guys do :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Return to “Tracktion”