The great plugin (in)compatibility thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK I know Jules asked us not to bring up compatibility when T5 came out but it's several months ago now and we've been pretty good, so I think it's reasonable to come back to this - there are still outstanding issues with a number of plugins, particularly in the 64 bit version around plugin loading (or not). Let's collect these in one thread for tidiness:

AAS Chromaphone VST - black gui
AAS Lounge Lizard VST - black gui
Arturia Oberheim SEM V VST - black gui
Arturia Spark 2 and VDM VST - black gui
Sinevibes AU plugins - no presets
AAS Ultra Analog 2 VST - black gui
Disco DSP 2 - VST - black gui - AU - uses generic interface
u-he Diva, Bazille and ACE VST3 - won't retain multicore setting between presets (other versions do)
Padshop VST3 - No presets
z3TA 2 VST3 - crash on load
Michael Norris AU plugins - no presets (lots of simple or older AU fx have this problem)

That's not bad actually considering how many plugins I have - lots of previous problems have been fixed already so can we iron out these last few please - particularly the carbon issues (AAS, Vertigo)?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon May 26, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Under T5 Linux (currently v. 5.3.6),

OBXD (vst) - application freeze on load
TAL-Reverb (vst) - application freeze on load

@danboid , other Linux folks, know of any others I should avoid?

TDR VOS SlickEQ - version 1.0.1 - ...

this is with tracktion 5.3.6 32bit on mac osx

EDIT: tested again in 5.3.6, works correctly!!!
Last edited by klangbastler on Wed May 28, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

5parkle5 wrote:Under T5 Linux (currently v. 5.3.6),

OBXD (vst) - application freeze on load
TAL-Reverb (vst) - application freeze on load

@danboid , other Linux folks, know of any others I should avoid?

All linuxdsp plugs : GUI inactive
You can't always get what you waaaant...

KORG Legacy Collection (VST):
Plugins instantiate and produce sound, however Tracktion will immediately crash upon opening and closing the plugin GUI. Versions tested: KORG VST2 plugins v1.7.0 32 bit, Tracktion v5.3.6 32 bit, Mac OS v10.6.8
Last edited by tibenmik on Tue May 27, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Working fine here: SlickEQ VST2 v1.0.1 32 bit, Tracktion v5.3.6 32 bit, Mac OS v10.6.8
klangbastler wrote:TDR VOS SlickEQ - version 1.0.1 - scans fine, when i try to load it, it says plugin can't be loaded with the yellow exclamation mark

Ok, I have a list of plugins that do not work on my system. Most of them have problems with GUI display. Tested on Mac OS 10.9.3

VST Compatibility (2.4)
1. Not working plugin interface (graphics and controls missing):
- BX CleanSweep2
- Voxengo Marvel EQ
- Voxengo Overtone EQ
- All U-he plugins (tested with Podolski, TyrellN6 and Zebra, but I assume it's all the same for all others)
- Rusty Trombone Erectifier
- SmartElectronix Fire
- SmartElectronix Getablitch R
- Poulin HyBrit (and all others from Poulin)
- BetaBugs Schredder
- SmartElectronix LiveCut
- SideChainComp (Crashes Tracktion)
2. GUI Not updated
- TT Dynamic Range Meter
- RNDigital Inspector

There are lots of others that do not work correctly, but those are most blatant ones. Biggest problem for me is that sometimes, GUI do work, but after saving project, and then reloading it back in new Tracktion session, there is a great possibility that plugins mentioned will not update their interfaces.

5parkle5:

Nope, not yet. I'm prob about 2/3rds of the way through my first proper Tracktion production and I'm not at the mixing stage yet which is when I'll be trying a few more plugins out. Up until now I've only really tried Aspect, TAL-Noizemaker, Linuxsampler and the integrated Tracktion sampler plugin and they all work fine.

tibenmik wrote:Working fine here: SlickEQ VST2 v1.0.1 32 bit, Tracktion v5.3.6 32 bit, Mac OS v10.6.8
klangbastler wrote:TDR VOS SlickEQ - version 1.0.1 - scans fine, when i try to load it, it says plugin can't be loaded with the yellow exclamation mark

thanks for info, will check again. i am on 10.8.5 mountain lion

Edit: just tested this again and it works correctly! edited my original post. must have mingled version numbers, as it was definitely broken before.
but great, it is working now!

klangbastler wrote:must have mingled version numbers, as it was definitely broken bevoer
Or you tried the AU which indeed doesn't seem to load.

tibenmik wrote:KORG Legacy Collection (VST):
Plugins instantiate and produce sound, however Tracktion will immediately crash upon opening and closing the plugin GUI. Versions tested: KORG VST2 plugins v1.7.0 32 bit, Tracktion v5.3.6 32 bit, Mac OS v10.6.8
Trying the demo now: I'm collaborating in the development of a new vst3 instrument: I'm able to load the gui but the controls can't be tweaked nor Tracktion can detect the preset list or load them. Moreover , Tracktion crashes (closes) when clicking to open the plugin GUI.
This Plug In KILLS Fascists

And now there is the new DX7-emu Dexed

It can be dropped in the plugins list but when inserted in a track it's - Poof! ByeBye Tracktion! . :(

And also: I have mda-piano in my Vstplugins folder and Tracktion rejects it. Does not recognize it.

Rob Chiarelli (Finalmix) Mix Buss Lite and Arturia Spark 2 Plugin aren´t recognized on Win 8.1 X64 System. While Mix Buss lite simply isn´t added/recognized, Tracktion hangs while Spark 2 scan and finally scan has to be manually interrupted.

Plugin Scan still is one of the main weak points in T5... :-(

stanlea wrote: All linuxdsp plugs : GUI inactive
I can verify and would like to expand a little on that.

All the LinuxDSP plugs I've tried (those within the workstation plugin pack) scanned and loaded fine under 5.3.9 but the only controls you can adjust are those that can be altered with the scrollwheel ie most of the dials. You cannot click and drag to adjust anything and any buttons or menus that need to be clicked to be used do not respond at all.

Hi

In T5 (5.3.9) linux:
drowaudio-distorsionshaper crashes Tracktion immediately, while drowaudio-distorsion works.
cabbage plugs makes it freeze, can't close it, have to reboot for it to go away.

Return to “Tracktion”