The great plugin (in)compatibility thread

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

burn wrote:Hi

In T5 (5.3.9) linux:
drowaudio-distorsionshaper crashes Tracktion immediately, while drowaudio-distorsion works.
cabbage plugs makes it freeze, can't close it, have to reboot for it to go away.
Aren't they mac plugins? How are you running them under linux? (EDIT, there's linux source on github, fair play)

Maybe the tracktion devs can get in touch with the plugin dev, and compare notes...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Probably Dave was too busy working on Tracktion to port his own plugins to linux.

frankvg wrote:Probably Dave was too busy working on Tracktion to port his own plugins to linux.
:) He has done, there's source on Github. Although I guess that could be by anyone, if it's open source, I suppose ... I was kidding, anyway
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

drowaudio-distorsionshaper crashes everywhere actually, not only within tracktion
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:drowaudio-distorsionshaper crashes everywhere actually, not only within tracktion
Not anymore! :) Updated it today and it works now, thanks! :D

Ok, maybe not so well after all.... Opened same project today, clicked on the plug and T5 froze. :(
Oh well, improvement anyway....

I'll add Addictive Drums 2 to the list. Version 1 worked flawlessly, v2 not so much. T5 latest release - Win XPsp3

aMUSEd wrote: AAS Chromaphone VST - black gui
AAS Lounge Lizard VST - black gui
Arturia Oberheim SEM V VST - black gui
Arturia Spark 2 and VDM VST - black gui
AAS Ultra Analog 2 VST - black gui
to add to the black screen plugins now I've found that the Arturia Jupiter and SEM do this too (but not the VOX) - again only the VST versions and only in 64 bit. AAS String Studio 2 has this problem too, so do 3 of the Valhalla plugins (just not Shimmer or Freqecho) - and I believe many if not all of the above are using JUCE to build their plugins - so it's beginning to look like, ironically, this may be a clash of the JUCEs :)

No problem with Valhallaroom 1.1.0 here.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:No problem with Valhallaroom 1.1.0 here.
VST x64?

correct.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

The obxd package within DISTRHO/KXStudio got updated recently and it now works fine under T5.3.9 / Ubuntu 12.04.4.

Yip!

Integratron wrote:correct.
Ah I see - you are on Windows - I was referring to Mac

Slarti wrote:.

And also: I have mda-piano in my Vstplugins folder and Tracktion rejects it. Does not recognize it.
mda Piano works fine for me, and mda ePiano too

T5 5.3.9 - W32

The linuxdsp bug preventing from using the GUIs is solved. Kudos to Mike ,the linuxdsp guy. The workstation plugin pack is already ready, the rest will follow.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Tracktion”