Tracktion 5 Issues

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I am a new member here. I've had Tracktion for many years and glad they are back again! I recently upgraded to version 5. I'm having 3 issues I can't seem to figure out:

I can't open the Settings Tab - the programs runs and opens in the Project editing window and I can work with audio and save files. I just cannot select the Settings tab.

There are many open edits in the Project view. I try to close them and they will not close or respond at all when I click on the tabs at the top of the screen.

Automation curves can't be drawn. I am unable to enter nodes or curve the automation lines.

I am running a fully loaded Mac Mini and hope you all can help figure this out. Is there somewhere I can send these things to the folks at Tracktion to report the issues?

Thanks,
Tony

Have you tried to see if this problem still occurs after a reboot?

Yes. Rebooting doesn't help.

You should also be able to close edits by right-clicking them under the projects tab and choosing 'close this project' - I'm presuming you can access the Projects tab OK?

TSC will need to know which version of OSX you're running to help you further, I'd imagine.

Thanks. Here are my machine specs:

OSX version 10.9.3

Processor: 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Yes - I am able to access the projects tab. Seem to be able to perform most normal functions there. Right clicking to close the tabs does nothing though.

Have you repaired permissions?

Hi shiek_yerbouti, when you click on the settings tag, depending on the page that is active Tracktion will rescan your audio and MIDI devices. It is possible that there is some un-responsive hardware that is blocking the page from responding.

Try removing all external hardware and re-launching Tracktion to see if that remedies the problem.

I did try repairing permissions and that hasn't resolved the issues.

There is no external hardware connected.

Perhaps the preferences file (com.tracktion.plist) has gone corrupt. You can remove it from:
User/library/Preferences
Tracktion will rebuild one on launch. If it doesn't help you could always put it back.

There are no files for Tracktion 5 in the User/library/Preferences directory.

I do see a file there with almost that exact same name for Tracktion 4, but I don't want to mess with that one since I am still able to use version 4.

Does anyone know the right way to report this to Tracktion so they can address it in an update? Since I paid for the upgrade I would like to be able to be able to actually use the software. I was enjoying the new version up until this happened.

I doubt they can address this in an update. More likely there is something wrong with your system (conflicting preferences).

I'm glad to report that I took Frank's advice and it led me to the solution!

Here is what happened for the record:

1. deleted preference file - no change
2. deleted settings file - no change
3. deleted template file that I was using at the time of the freeze - Bingo!

Once I deleted the bad template file it was as if I had just downloaded the software for the first time. The original colors were back and I had to enter my info to register. I'm really glad to have this solved.

Thank you all very much for your help!
Tony

Return to “Tracktion”