Just upgraded from last version of T4 to latest T5 (5.3.9). Now have stuttering.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an old Echo Mia MIDI with the last Windows 7 x64 drivers installed and it's been working flawlessly. It has always seemed to be more latent than expected - I can never get it below 512 samples or so on average @ 44.1 (I'm not doing anything too complex as I'm a beginner).

With 5 or so virtual instruments (< 20% CPU) in T4 audio playback was smooth. I upgraded to T5 and no matter what I did it stuttered. So I had to, sadly, increase to 1024 samples @ 44.1... a just noticeable 23ms latency.

I switched to the Windows Audio driver and I can drop it back to around 512 samples again without any stuttering, but I'd rather use the Echo ASIO driver.

Any thoughts? I wonder what changed between T4 and T5 in terms of how friendly it was to the (admittedly aging) Echo ASIO driver. Thanks.

Give the www.asio4all.com driver a try too - I am aware of quite a few folks who are using that :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Or simply buy another soundcard :p just kidding but it can be a good value :)

Yeah. Getting a new (external) card is definitely on the to-do list, but it has to be down on the priority list. The MIA has been rock solid, and was under T4. I don't know what changed inside Tracktion to cause the MIA's ASIO drivers to go from working well to being unusable.

ASIO4ALL isn't much better.

I'm using Windows Audio as the driver and I can get really low latency of 3ms - though I set it to 5.1ms just to be sure to avoid glitching.

Return to “Tracktion”