Questions about shortcuts? (and a few others)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to assign shortcuts to things like 'split at mark-in point', 'split at mark-out point', 'slap clips to neighbor' etc..? It seems that there are a lot of commands that are not listed in the shortcuts editor.

Is there a 'tab to transient' command?

Is there a way to search shortcuts?

Can you change the timebase with a shortcut?

How do you zoom in on the contents of an audio clip without affecting the content? (like adjusting clip gain, but without actually changing the gain... only the visual change)

The alt-shift-arrow key to select multiple clips does not work for me. OS X 10.9.4, is there anything that I need to change for this to work?

Are there any alternative ways to view plugins? They seem to get really mashed up with more than 2-3 there, and they are constantly changing size/position when adding/removing things.

Is there a way to change the clip 'title bars' to be larger? They are awfully tiny on my mbp.

Is there a way to make the clip 'title bars' not offset the waveform drawing when they show?

HobbyCore wrote:
The alt-shift-arrow key to select multiple clips does not work for me. OS X 10.9.4, is there anything that I need to change for this to work?
Under Linux you hold down the Windows key and then drag a rectangle to select multiple adjacent clips -maybe its the Apple key on OSX? Hold Ctrl and click on the clip title bars to (de)select individual clips.
HobbyCore wrote: Are there any alternative ways to view plugins? They seem to get really mashed up with more than 2-3 there, and they are constantly changing size/position when adding/removing things.
You can resize the plugin rack area to fill most of the screen.

HobbyCore wrote: Is there a way to search shortcuts?
Open shortcuts in HTML, and search from there.
HobbyCore wrote:

Are there any alternative ways to view plugins? They seem to get really mashed up with more than 2-3 there, and they are constantly changing size/position when adding/removing things.
Drag the Arrange window over to the left to make more room for the plugins.

on OSX, "/" shortcut for splitting clips does not work.

dupont wrote:on OSX, "/" shortcut for splitting clips does not work.
It should do, have you selected the clip/s first?

bobmartinmusic wrote:
yes, I can hear an OSX warning sound but clip is not split.
I must reassign split shorcut in preference to "/" in order to work.
Strange as defaut assignement is already "/".

danboid wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:
Under Linux you hold down the Windows key and then drag a rectangle to select multiple adjacent clips -maybe its the Apple key on OSX? Hold Ctrl and click on the clip title bars to (de)select individual clips.
I appreciate the response, but I was asking specifically about keyboard shortcuts. I am not keen on using the mouse unless it's completely necessary.

Does the alt(opt)-shift-arrow key not work for you as well?

edit: In OS X, it's the option key for the selection rectangle. Just in case anyone reading this wanted to know. Still doesn't answer my question though. :phones:
HobbyCore wrote: Are there any alternative ways to view plugins? They seem to get really mashed up with more than 2-3 there, and they are constantly changing size/position when adding/removing things.
You can resize the plugin rack area to fill most of the screen.
Is there a way to make the plugin 'boxes' not dynamically sized though?
bobmartinmusic wrote:
HobbyCore wrote: Is there a way to search shortcuts?
Open shortcuts in HTML, and search from there.
HobbyCore wrote:
Good idea but, when I want to change something, I have to go back to the shortcuts window in tracktion and browse the list manually anyway.
Last edited by HobbyCore on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dupont wrote:
bobmartinmusic wrote:
yes, I can hear an OSX warning sound but clip is not split.
I must reassign split shorcut in preference to "/" in order to work.
Strange as defaut assignement is already "/".
You have to reassign "/" to "/"? That is a bit confusing.

"/" works fine for me here on all my systems. Are you sure that you weren't using "\"? Maybe you were using the numberpad "/" and that does not work?

HobbyCore wrote:

"/" works fine for me here on all my systems. Are you sure that you weren't using "\"? Maybe you were using the numberpad "/" and that does not work?
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

No, it's not confusing, T5 shortcut is "/" and user (the one I defined) shortcut is "/" too.

Neither the numpad nor the keyboard "/" works with the defaut assignment.

dupont wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:

No, it's not confusing, T5 shortcut is "/" and user (the one I defined) shortcut is "/" too.

Neither the numpad nor the keyboard "/" works with the defaut assignment.
It definitely works for me, default assignment.

Strange bug. I wonder what the difference between our systems is? Different language? Utilities installed? OS version?

He's called dupont, he probably has a french keyboard, and the / key is placed differently on a french keyboard. It's likely a keyboard layout bug-ette.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:He's called dupont, he probably has a french keyboard, and the / key is placed differently on a french keyboard. It's likely a keyboard layout bug-ette.
You're right, i'm French and it's a french keybord :D

dupont wrote:
chico.co.uk wrote:He's called dupont, he probably has a french keyboard, and the / key is placed differently on a french keyboard. It's likely a keyboard layout bug-ette.
A punaise then?

dupont wrote:
So on a UK keyboard, the / key is just to the left of the Shift key, on the right hand side of the keyboard.
On a french keyboard (at least, an AZERTY one), I think it's two keys to the left of the Shift key.

So it's probably just that the / character in Tracktion maps to the key just to the right of the key labelled with a / character on an AZERTY keyboard, in the default mapping. Is my guess.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I suppose no responses to my other questions?

Return to “Tracktion”