Kontakt Player from T3 GPO all of a sudden not found/functioning

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm running T3 in admin mode on Win 7 64 bit - have been doing this for a few years without issue. I pulled up several different projects done earlier this year where I was using the GPO/Kontakt player that came with the top end T3 version. Never had an issue before, but now it says the plugin can't be found, even though the DLL is in the same location as ever.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Installed any recent windows updates? You can check install dates in programs, in control panel, I think ... if so, have a read about what those kb numbers do, could be relevant (maybe changes to how UAC works, or something security related, as a guess)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

As a matter of fact, yes, there was a pretty big Windows update. What I had to do was re-install GPO/Kontakt, and add the path again to the plugins path, after removing it from the ignore path list. This happened also with Jamstix and BFD - Although those I did not have to reinstall.

This issue has now come up again, and now even after installing GPO/Kontakt2 again, T3 will only put the path into the ignore path. VERY frustrating. My projects with GPO stuff in them are dead.

Time for T5?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Probably - I see that they are working on getting final mix included, so I'm very close to pulling the trigger.

Well, I decided to DL the Kontakt Player 5 from NI and the Tracktion GPO instrument shows up usable in there inside of T3, so I'm back in business for now.

Return to “Tracktion”