Multiple sound card outputs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm just getting on to a new (to me) firewire box. It's an Edirol FA101 so it has numerous inputs and numerous outputs.

In settings I can see all the inputs and in the tracks I can assign my inputs, no problems there.

But what about the outputs? In settings I see my main output, currently set as default wav output, the other outputs are active but how can I route to these outputs? Also the so called patch bay, seems a bit lame, there is only input channels left and right and output channels left and right. My expectation would be that this would allow my to send audio from any active input to any active output.

I'm on a linux box running KxStudio if that is relevant.

Some help would be well.... helpful

Thanks
Jeff

If you highlight a track (or anything else), its properties appear in the Properties panel, lower middle of an Edit page. Do it for a track and you can assign its output (top right of the Properties panel) where it says Track Destination.

If you want to get more complicated, there are Racks where plug-ins can be combined in all kinds of ways and routed in, out, and shake it all about. There are videos, probably.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks Jabe, I'll look into that after work tonight.

Return to “Tracktion”