Import projects from T2 into T5?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if it is possible to import projects begun in Tracktion 2 into Tracktion 5.

Could the project folders, etc. just be copied and pasted into the T5 directory and be used?

Thanks!

Hi yeah,its possible, I just go to open project in T5 and the point it to T2 folder works fine.the only plugs that won't work too well are the Mackie ones,if you have them in any projects.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Thanks! In a way, that is amazing considering the time period between the two programs.

Does this work for 64bit as well or just T5-32bit?

I don't care about 3rd party 64bit plugs just yet, just the Tracktion ones. Melda and Voxengo 64bits work fine on Win7 here.

Being able to merge T2/T3 already-mixed projects into T5 would mean not having to keep an XP machine in the wings for re-calls.

rgds,
WT

Hi, I don't know for sure about 64bit because I'm using 32bit, but if the original T3 project was 64 bit then I can't see why it wouldn't work. Maybe someone else on forum can chip in on subject.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Projects can switch between 32 and 64 bit. Availability of plugins is the only difference. If the plugins are available in both formats they seem to be recognized.
Pretty good really.

By the way, why not just download the demo and try it?
The demo is really misnamed as its just the unlocked full software.

Return to “Tracktion”