2 questions from Sweden

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi fellow tracktioneers!

I'm a long time user, have been running T3+XP many years in my studio ( which is how I make my living).
Recently I upgraded to T5+W7, and Iäve got 2 questions to y'all!

1) Why doesn't my EZ drummer allow drag and drop? In T3 i could take a beat/loop and just drag it onto an empty track (no need to make it a midi track) and - shazam! - there was a short audio clip, which I could use i.e. for a click track or whatever.
Now, in T5, when I try to do thyat - nothing happens at all... :-/

Is it my EZD installation, or is it something in T5?

2) This is not at specific T5 question, I guess - but i recently got a lot more plug-ins, and now when I want to add a plugin to a tyrack, the list of plugins is HUGE (scrolling needed). How do I organise my plugins so they appear in folders? For example I would like all my CLA plugins to be in a folder called... CLA (!) etc.

Thanks/Cheers

Hi Swede.
I can't answer 1)

2) In settings/plugins, at the bottom there's a button that says 'selector sorting'. Click the little down arrow and it gives choices as to how to display the plugins.
You could also categorize them in your plug in folder prior to entering Tracktion.
Hoozda Band

Are you totally sure that's how T3 worked? Because there's a few things about that which don't sound right ...

Tracktion doesn't have "midi tracks"
Drag and drop from EZDrummer always dropped midi clips, never audio, in any host I've tried, including tracktion

Is this something you've done recently in T3, or are you maybe misremembering how it used to work?
Bear in mind that if you had EZDrummer as a plugin on the track, and you dragged a midi clip onto that track, it would produce sound, even though it isn't actually an audio clip.

Try running tracktion as administrator (by that I mean right click either the shortcut, or the tracktion.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" - windows 7 tightened up on things like UAC, which seems to get in the way sometimes. I think if you run as admin, you'll be able to drag and drop midi clips into tracks - but not audio clips.

Been a while since I tried this too though, so I could be mistaken
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

OK, thanks guys!

Chico - you might be right about the fact that it was midi clips! However I can't do this in T5, any thoughts on why?

Here's some setup tips for plugins:

https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... -3-Plugins
Tracktion Software Corporation

dereborn wrote:OK, thanks guys!

Chico - you might be right about the fact that it was midi clips! However I can't do this in T5, any thoughts on why?
Hi dereborn,

My guess is this isn't really a T5 problem, it broke when you changed from XP to Windows 7.

To make it work, find the shortcut you use to start Tracktion, and right click it.
From the popup menu, choose "Run as Administrator". Like this;

Then try dragging beats/loops from Ezdrummer onto an empty track in T5.

I *think* that should work like you're used to, but I don't have EZdrummer installed at the minute to check.

If it doesn't, shout, but try that first.

Cheers
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

TSC:
I found some “generally” good information in the zendesk reference but since it comes from the T3 era the information is “generally” dated and somewhat contradictory to the present state of computers and could confuse some users who are just getting started. What makes it seem dated the most is 32/64 bit info and VST 2.4. It was good info for its time, just needs some updating but this is the way we help one another until we find a way to document Tracktion.
From https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... -3-Plugins
Tracktion will only load VST plugins up to version 2.4 and Audio Units on OSX. RTAS, VST3, DXi etc. are not currently supported.
From KVR FORUM
by TSC; Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am Melodyne tips: Only run the VST3 version of Melodyne
TSC:
I found some “generally” good information in the zendesk reference but since it comes from the T3 era the information is “generally” dated and somewhat contradictory to the present state of computers. It could confuse some users who are just getting started. What makes it seem dated the most is 32/64 bit info and VST 2.4.

It was good info for its time, just needs some updating but this is the way we help one another until we find a way to document Tracktion. Even the T3 manual which I loved is getting long in the tooth.

From

Tracktion will only load VST plugins up to version 2.4 and Audio Units on OSX. RTAS, VST3, DXi etc. are not currently supported.

From
KVR FORUM
by TSC; Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am
Melodyne tips: Only run the VST3 version of Melodyne

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

TSC:

Apologies. Disregard my previous post. I must admit I don't understand how any of the KVR editors work.

I found some “generally” good information in the zendesk reference but since it comes from the T3 era the information is “generally” dated and somewhat contradictory to the present state of computers. It could confuse some users who are just getting started. What makes it seem dated the most is 32/64 bit info and VST 2.4.

It was good info for its time, just needs some updating but this is the way we help one another until we find a way to document Tracktion. Even the T3 manual which I loved is getting long in the tooth.

From

From
KVR FORUM
by TSC; Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am
Melodyne tips: Only run the VST3 version of Melodyne

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Good point - we will update :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Return to “Tracktion”