anyone using T4 OR T5 on osx 10.7?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

T5 was constant freezing for me (support req submitted) - I've since reverted to T4 but it's started to crash several time per day as well...

I have been eliminating stuff to rule it out: now just using built-in audio, no control surface, nothing but Tracktion's own plugs.

The machine is a Macbook Pro Core 2 duo.
Sometimes I have Maschine 2.1 open but never as a plugin

- anyone?

I believe I completely skipped 10.7 since it had lots of problems with audio. 10.9 seems quite stable.

I have mac os 10.6.8.
T4 crashed a lot.
T5 crash a lot but much less than T4 :-)

thanks guys. Yah, 10.7 does suck in several ways (funny I haven't had audio problems though). 10.7 is the final supported OS for my audio interface (Presonus Firebox) but the lowest version for a couple of products like Maschine. sigh.

I'll need to figure out where to go next after this project is done.

Actually, in the Firebox specs 10.7 isn't even being mentioned so that could be a problem in itself.
Edit: In the installer, however it is indeed mentioned.

yeah I stopped using it a week ago when trying to eliminate all the links in the chain with my Tracktion woes... T5 worked for most of last night with only one crash! Always when I'm dragging clips - so I've just stopped doing that :)

Vague memories of a Presonus advisory about dropping Mac OS support after 10.7? (who knows, it may still work under 10.8 - I will be using the USB interface on an MPC Ren when I get back home anyway). I will probably bump up to 10.8 as well - just remembered that I have an installer.

Return to “Tracktion”