Tracktion Linux FAQ

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks TSC!

I have now updated the FAQ to represent the current status of Tracktion for Linux.

IMO there is no Linux-native software that competes favorably with Melodyne. Some people say they have had success with Fons' zita-at1 plugin but I've not had much luck with it personally.

I wouldn't fuss too much about Melodyne. Having a fully supported DAW on Linux is enough value for the money as it is, if you ask me.

Like I said, LV2 support ranks much higher on my wishlist than Linux support from Melodyne, which is wishful thinking anyway atm.

If you really want to sweeten the deal for Linux user with some included commercial plugins, get into negotiations with the folks at discoDSP or Loomer :)

And if you really do something for Linux users, get into contact with falkXT, the developer behind Carla, and make sure that using Carla within Tracktion works perfectly. Carla is like the Tracktion racks on steroids ;)

danboid wrote:I have now updated the FAQ to represent the current status of Tracktion for Linux.
BTW, question 3 also needs to be updated. The .deb for Tracktion 6.1.0 now contains a tarball compressed with LZMA, so the command to extract it is:

Code: Select all

ar xv TracktionInstall_6_1_0_Linux_64Bit.deb
[sudo] tar -x --lzma -f data.tar.gz -C /

strogon14 wrote:I wouldn't fuss too much about Melodyne. Having a fully supported DAW on Linux is enough value for the money as it is, if you ask me.
If you really want to sweeten the deal for Linux user with some included commercial plugins, get into negotiations with the folks at discoDSP or Loomer :)
danboid wrote:IMO there is no Linux-native software that competes favorably with Melodyne. Some people say they have had success with Fons' zita-at1 plugin but I've not had much luck with it personally.
I agree with danboid : there is no equivalent of Melodyne on Linux. First thing : if you have a Tracktion license, you can always try to get Melodyne plugin working under wine and Carla, but it's a workaround not really sastisfying.
I know that the zplane guys did the NewTone plugin for ImageLine Fruity Loops and that they know about Linux technology. Knowing that you already deal with them for the elastique algorithm, why not asking them something similar to NewTone ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

strogon14:

You're right - I forgot about that. I've updated the extraction instructions now.

Hopefully I can also remove the bit about having to sometimes use gdb to scan for plugins soon. I never had to do that myself so I'd appreciate it if people let me know if they still need to do that under 6.1. If so I'll keep it in.

danboid wrote:Hopefully I can also remove the bit about having to sometimes use gdb to scan for plugins soon. I never had to do that myself so I'd appreciate it if people let me know if they still need to do that under 6.1. If so I'll keep it in.
This will be sorted in the next release.

dRowAudio wrote:
danboid wrote:Hopefully I can also remove the bit about having to sometimes use gdb to scan for plugins soon. I never had to do that myself so I'd appreciate it if people let me know if they still need to do that under 6.1. If so I'll keep it in.
This will be sorted in the next release.
Thats answered that then. Thanks Dave!

What about plugin sandboxing? I'm sure that was promised for 6.0?

Hey guys - just a heads up that the Linux VST versions of Master Mix and Micro Synth Pack are now available on Marketplace with offline unlocker :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Yes? Can´t find it. Where to download?

Once you purchase Master Mix or Synth Pack, you will get download links for all three operating systems - you choose which you want to download

Thanks, this works. You should really rework the plugin info in Marketplace an add the demo-version for download. Mastermix works in t6.1but freezes t5.43.

Please send any crash incidents to out support team - grab the log file and email it via the support tab on the website - helps us greatly in tracking down configuration issues :)

Of course, as always. :tu:

I just installed T6 on Ubuntu 14.10 64bit to write another article on it. But alas:

Scanning for Plugins does not work at all. No matter what I try to do (exclude /usr/local from scanning etc) it just hangs and dies with thousands of Alsa Backend underruns.

What can I do?
nostrum fungitur

Try T5 to scan plugins.

Return to “Tracktion”