stretching with melodyne destroyed my work - anyone else?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok my latest Tracktion woes are with the newest 32-bit version on OSX 10.7.5 - this is on a mac mini with Presonus FireStudio.

One session, I've re-tuned some vocal clips using stretching in the clip properties panel at the bottom of the screen & selecting melodyne. All great - god, if only I'd rendered the tracks then.

Returning to my session a couple of days later - pressing 'play' in this session results in maxed out digital noise attack special forces edition. Nothing so far can remedy this, I guess I'll keep trying as a way of recovering the freaking time I spent mixing this track.

Sigh - I just want my homework back from the dog. This project is almost done - then I'll remove Tracktion & never trouble you guys again (this project has been a crashfest in Tracktion on a couple of machines well within the spec). I'll go back to my 'ol MPC & portastudio FFS.

A

Would love to help but it is difficult to tell from your post what is actually happening. Never seen this myself (but I am on 10.9). Do you have other edits with Melodyne that behave the same?

ah - saved by the 'melodyne tips': http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=419802

Leaving only the VST3 plugin returned the session to how I left it - ie. working. Thanks for your offer though - I'm feeling that this has been the problem with Tracktion since v.3 - nearly every really serious crash or loss of work it pulls seems to be quite hard to track down via elimination (removing interfaces, plugins etc).

I might upgrade one of the 2 macs-that-run-Tracktion to 10.8 to have a machine to compare stuff.

catfingers wrote: seems to be quite hard to track down via elimination (removing interfaces, plugins etc).
Well, looks like you got there pretty quickly.

Return to “Tracktion”