T5 + Mobius Looper Multi-Out Template

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I created a template for those wanting to use the free Mobius looper and route its tracks into separate tracks in T5. This routes the 8 tracks in Mobius to 8 separate tracks in T5 via a Wrapper. The output of those 8 tracks is routed into another set of 8 Tracks for recording (perhaps a non-elegant solution but I couldn't come up with anything else. This solution creates a phasing problem in monitoring but the recorded audio seems to be fine). There is both the archive of my edit and a template in the zip folder attached to this post.

Requirement:
As shown in the picture, you need to configure Mobius to route each of its tracks into separate Plugin Output Ports. In Mobius menu, go to Configuration > Track Setups and you get the window in the picture. Then choose Track 1 and choose Plugin Output Port 1; choose Track 2 and choose Plugin Output Port 2 and so on.

Problems:
Unfortunately, I experienced some problems. One is crashing here and there (on a Win 7 64-bit machine with T5.4). The other is that T5 cannot recall the setting of Mobius. So, you have to setup Mobius routing everytime. Creating a preset for Mobius in standalone mode didn't help since that preset did not appear when Mobius is used as VST inside T5. Quite annoying!

I have a suspicion that Reaper will perform better on these fronts. I'm really trying to stick with Tracktion and I hope these will be fixed soon.

I actually made use of a Reaper explanation for setting up Mobius and some users helped along. Thanks to all and I hope this is of use to you. I also hope that we can share more templates frequently. After all, the power of the software also comes from its user base.

Happy holidays!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Let me know if you can open the file and whether it works for you. I tried using Mobius with REAPER (without the multi-out, but that is explained well in a youtube video which I posted in another looping thread here) to compare. Reaper can recall Mobius and use its presets unlike T5. However, Reaper failed in letting me use PadKontrol to trigger Mobius functions (which is not a problem with T5).

Thanks. I'll give this a go when I get the chance.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Update: To stop the phasing effect, just click on each Track input on the top part (those that will record) and turn off live input monitoring.

Annoyance: I want to record each of those track inputs as mono but Tracktion won't let me (there is no way to uncheck the "treat as stereo pair" option).

Annoyance 2: That I turned off the live input monitoring cannot be saved in the edit. I turn it off, save the edit, close and reopen, and the live input monitoring options are on again. :dog:

Return to “Tracktion”