AIR Velvet and Xpand!2 VST's not scanning correctly in Tracktion 5.4.2

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought this deserved it's own thread as these VSTi's are important to me :)

Cheers
Jed

The bug thread is there for a reason; if you'd checked, the Xpand2 issue was already reported on 1st December:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=260

If it's that important to you, contact Woody and get in on the bug tracking programme - see the start of the bug thread for details, and if you're serious about submitting bugs, try to include system information and a (more verbose) description of the issue. :tu:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I can confirm that this problem only exists in T5.

Reaper, Samplitude, Studio One etc. do not have this plugin problem with AIR.

T5´s plugin handling is - besides that - not the best at all. Some plugins are not recognized, there is no plugin verification at startup (user has to scan manually then having added new plugins before). I think this - and the video-thing - are the main tasks for the upcoming big update....

Think you're in the minority of users who want a plugin scan to run automatically, on opening the app. I definitely don't want that to happen. An option to turn it on or off would be fine though.

I'm not aware of any host that recognises all plugins, and runs all plugins perfectly. Which host does that?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

From my experience ... Reaper does... and Studio One...

"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Sure, but that was MY personal experience - and I am running roundabout 200 plugins... They are all running fine here.

however... it is fact that plugin handling in T5 has room for improvement...
Last edited by mfkne on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hope they will do massive updates in T6...

The only way I could find around this issue with Xpand!2 not scanning was to use Blue Cat's Patchwork as a wrapper. It works fine that way. Tracktion 6 does not load Xpand!2 either.

Return to “Tracktion”