32 bit plugin question on T5

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a Tracktioneer since NFR version 1 that was given out at NAMM.
Bought T2
Bought T3 Ultimate
Bought T4 in the Luftrum charity thing in 2013 or maybe it was early 2014.

I have never installed T4 as I have sporadic use of my DAW and when I get time dedicated to recording, I want to 'run what I brung'.

Nearly all of my plugins are from my time with T2/T3, that is, 32 bit, and I want to keep using a favorite handful of them.

My recording laptop has given up the MOBO ghost. It was Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I ran T3 as administrator and for the most part was going fine.

Now I need to buy a new Laptop. My T4 download is on the HDD of the dead laptop - I can access it as I've gutted the HDD into an enclosure and can read it.

I have several questions and purchase decisions ahead:

1. If I purchase T5 for use on Win 8 64 bit, will I be able to load 32 bit plugs, or do I have to get that JBridge thing?
2. I never installed T4 on my laptop, just downloaded the installer with the code that I got from the Luftrum charity thing. I just logged into my account and there are NO tracktion licenses listed!
3. How can I get this rectified? I have my download serial for T4, and I have all my original install discs and licenses for T1/2/3
4. I was trying to avoid Win8, but perhaps I need to give up - almost no laptops available these days with Win7 available. Should I quit worrying about this? I hate my Windows 8 phone and all of the 'live tile' crap and I really don't want to see that on my home PC. I believe there's a way to turn off all that junk. Your recommendations?

For the Windows 8 problem, Google "Classic Shell." It gets rid of most of the crap in the Win 8 GUI.

There is a free version or if it works for you, you can choose to donate.

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Hi, I'm using win 8.1 and T5. 32bit, I've installed classic shell and that certainly makes win 8.1 work the way I'm used to, coming from win xp. I don't have a lot of vst's installed,final mix and the channel strips work from the Mackie plugs,I haven't tried the rest.mda plugs work
This is my music computer Intel 3i dual core 4gb ram only used for music.
I have even managed to in install my emu 1212 sound card using the compatibility mode for the drivers.
My suggestion would be to check everything you install, that doesn't have an update to win 8 using the compatibility mode before installing.
As far as I'm aware you will need some sort of bridging thing to get 32 bit to work in 64bit, but if you haven't bought T5 yet, hang fire till Tracktion announce what functions are in T6,which I believe may be just around the corner.it may have an internal bridging system built in
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

If you want to continue using those 32-bit plugins, and no 64-bit equivalents are available, you can just install the 32-bit version of Tracktion, even if your OS is 64-bit. (It doesn't work the other way, though--you can't use 64-bit Tracktion on a 32-bit OS.)

But with NAMM so close, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what they come up with--maybe there will be a bridging solution?
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

I recently got a 64-bit W8.1 laptop. It was set to boot into the huge slidy icons and I felt completely lost. However, there are options to make it boot straight to the desktop, and my usual programs will have icons there for me.

From the huge slidy icons there's a down arrow to change the view to smaller fixed-size icons (and vice-versa). There's a setting to make the small icons the default for the Start key. This made things massively easier. The smaller icons are numerous and require a rightwards scroll or two to get to the end.

The Start key can also be right-clicked for a very useful alternative menu, more like the old proper one, and it mostly consists of maintenance and monitoring things, including Management and Shutdown, etc.

I've installed the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Tracktion, but I haven't done anything with them yet as I need to install my interface. It's a Mackie Spike and I'm half expecting it not to install. I was hoping that having both versions would allow compromises if I were to swap between versions depending on required plug-ins. I noticed that others have done likewise.

Windows 8.1 allows touchpad actions that are more tablet-like, such as resizing. I much prefer a mouse, so I'm using a mouse.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

The last updates of T4 were really nice and stable , I'd get a hold of TSC over here and go register your stuff over at Tracktion website . If you use T4 or T5 64 bit you will need J bridge . I'm guessing T6 in Feb ? I don't know ? I hope for a native bit bridge in T6 . I haven't heard anything about T6 I'm just going by history of T4 and T5 releases . I'm very happy with T5 .

Rumours abound that Windows 8.1 users will get the update to 10 for free - and 10 brings back the Start Menu, along with some new features.

Besides, Windows 7 mainstream support ended this week.*

* Yes, I know this is not the end of the world or a reason to lose your sh*t
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:Rumours abound that Windows 8.1 users will get the update to 10 for free - and 10 brings back the Start Menu, along with some new features.

Besides, Windows 7 mainstream support ended this week.
The Windows 10 wait is why I haven't built a new machine yet ...8.1 is a pain to get around in . I helped a computer ilitarate friend of mine the other day with is internet WiFi and iTunes etc etc ...I asked him if he wanted his new computer to look and feel like his old one , he thought he'd like the Start screen tile apps so said no , hours later he's like how can I get rid of all that ? I'm sure I'll be start8 ing it or classic shelling it for him ...For a $279 laptop it was snappy it had an AMD and small ssd boot drive as well as a storage drive being drive D: ...I hope Windows 8 and 8.1 get 10 for free to be honest , didn't Vista users get 7 for free ?

fedexnman wrote:The last updates of T4 were really nice and stable , I'd get a hold of TSC over here and go register your stuff over at Tracktion website . If you use T4 or T5 64 bit you will need J bridge . I'm guessing T6 in Feb ? I don't know ? I hope for a native bit bridge in T6 . I haven't heard anything about T6 I'm just going by history of T4 and T5 releases . I'm very happy with T5 .
NAMM 2015 begins on Thursday next week (22nd) and that's where I'm expecting announcements about T6.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:
fedexnman wrote:The last updates of T4 were really nice and stable , I'd get a hold of TSC over here and go register your stuff over at Tracktion website . If you use T4 or T5 64 bit you will need J bridge . I'm guessing T6 in Feb ? I don't know ? I hope for a native bit bridge in T6 . I haven't heard anything about T6 I'm just going by history of T4 and T5 releases . I'm very happy with T5 .
NAMM 2015 begins on Thursday next week (22nd) and that's where I'm expecting announcements about T6.
Yeah they announced T4 at Namm but no booth , what about T5 was that a Namm announcement ?

Can't quite remember, but it was some time round about then.

Ground hogs DAT is Feb 2 and I believe that's when both T4 and T5 got released . Pretty novel of them .

That looks a good call. Perhaps we'll see some reviews appear beforehand with some juicy clues.

fedexnman wrote: ...I hope Windows 8 and 8.1 get 10 for free to be honest , didn't Vista users get 7 for free ?
Not that I'm aware of - but it was heavily discounted if pre-ordered, just like Win 8.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

rlindsey0 wrote:If you want to continue using those 32-bit plugins, and no 64-bit equivalents are available, you can just install the 32-bit version of Tracktion, even if your OS is 64-bit. (It doesn't work the other way, though--you can't use 64-bit Tracktion on a 32-bit OS.)

But with NAMM so close, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what they come up with--maybe there will be a bridging solution?
OK, I didn't know this that installing T5 32 bit will work on the 64 bit Win8.

That makes the decision much easier.

Return to “Tracktion”