32 bit plugin question on T5

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, Win 8.1 and T5 here, and haven't even tried the 64-bit Tracktion, as I haven't even downloaded any 64-bit VST's...

If your VST's are all in one place (i.e under c:\recording\vstplugs), you can just bring that folder over from another computer intact. If you want some of the older Tracktion things (like FinalMix), stuff them in another folder (i.e. c:\recording\T3plugs), and include that folder to be scanned as well). Then, you just have to set the folders in the scan list.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

rockstar_not wrote:
rlindsey0 wrote:If you want to continue using those 32-bit plugins, and no 64-bit equivalents are available, you can just install the 32-bit version of Tracktion, even if your OS is 64-bit. (It doesn't work the other way, though--you can't use 64-bit Tracktion on a 32-bit OS.)

But with NAMM so close, it wouldn't be a bad idea to see what they come up with--maybe there will be a bridging solution?
OK, I didn't know this that installing T5 32 bit will work on the 64 bit Win8.

That makes the decision much easier.
You can install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of T4 or T5 **at the same time** on Windows 8.1 64 bit (and also on 64 bit windows 7, or 64 bit windows 8 ). And just run whichever one you need that day.

If you run the 32 bit version of T4 or T5, your 32 bit VSTs should more or less work like you're used to on earlier versions of Tracktion (by that I mean, there were audio engine changes in T4 and 5, and some people report some plugs have issues, so try the demo first, but in *theory* at least, this should work fine. What i'm getting at is you don't need jBridge, or anything else, for this to work)

If you have any 64 bit VSTs, you'll need to run the 64 bit version of T4 or T5 to use those.
If you run the 64 bit version of T4 or T5, you'd need to use jBridge, or something similar, to use your other 32 bit plugins, in the 64 bit version of T4 or T5. Not every plugin will work, in jBridge, but it has a demo, Tracktion has a demo, so you can see what does and doesn't, before spending any money.

Hope that helps a bit
Last edited by chico.co.uk on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

*duplicate*
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”