T6 Bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far it seems T6 doesn't play well with jbridge.

Poof crash whenever I load a project.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. Just loaded an edit that worked fine in T5...I was re-recording some drum tracks, and now in T6, it's as if all of the individual drum tracks are out of time with each other. I think I might try uninstalling T6 for now, and see if T5 still works.

*edit. I uninstalled T6 and T5 works just fine, reverting back to the old files. I'll wait for more updates before I start using T6 for projects. Some of the new features look good, but I think T6 has some more testing to do before seriously using it.

I've sent bug reports as per the OP but thought i'd put it in here rather than the other T6Bugs thread.

Melodyne isn't working properly:

On Win8.1 in T6 Melodyne.vst3 fails authorisation. T5 it works fine but then going back to T6 cause CTDs whenever opening or creating a project.

Seems to work OK for me on OSX 10.9 however...
In both T5 and T6 in OSX and T5 on Win8.1 when loading a project the playhead won't run in Melodyne and no audio play until the system buffer setting is changed EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY 1024 OR MORE. Changing it and changing it back gets it working.

In addition using the slider to change the speed with Melodyne selected as stretch algo is a recipe for loud buzzing that won't go away until Melodyne is deselected or the project is closed. On reopening the project the buzzing recommences until Melodyne is removed. This is avoided by typing the value in rather than using the slider.

EDIT: I should point out i'm using 64bit on both platforms.

My Roland Duo-Capture EX audio/midi interface ASIO driver won't work at all with T6. Works fine with T5 and everything else.

I have many of the same problems as were already mentioned. Random crashing. Melodyne Edit 2 plugin doesn't work.

The same iZotope plugins that didn't work in T5 still don't work in T6.

Unreproducable bug: Open T6, close a project, try to open an edit, POOF to desktop.

Only crash I've had and I've completed 3 tracks in T6. Not really pushing it, though.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Attempting to change plugin parameters numerically, crashes T6 for me...
I gotta say, stability in T6 at this point, is weak at best...

Melodyne - forget it...
Vst3 - forget it (for me anyway)...
Even looking at a tracktion project with T5 will render it useless in T6 and cause a crash unless you
remember to close it with T5 first... + As per synthetic's post above, even looking at a T6 project
with T6 can render it useless...

Other than that, its awesome =P
But I shave my head and don't have any hair to pull out...

-Cheers

Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll hopefully have the first update ready soon with many of these issues fixed.

In order to ensure we can replicate and fix your specific issues please use the "Help" button from the tracktion.com website to log a support request. Please ensure you attach your log file as this really increases the likely hood of us being able to reproduce the issue. It also provides essential system information such as OS versions, tracktion build and what format of plugin crashed if one is involved.

Thanks again and we hope to address the problems as quick as we can.

Dave

I don't know if it's a T6 issue or not but I can't get jamstix (original 32-bit version) to work - every time I drop that VST in Tracktion crashes.

Jamstix 3.5 32 bit working here with T6 32 bit on Win7-64. Sometimes have issues with Jamstix Interface not displaying but I've a feeling this is something to do with Jamstix GUI loading before the Jamstix Audio Plugin Server has finished initialising rather than a Tracktion issue. The problem usually goes away if I close and reopen the edit.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Jamstix 3 works for me, also... but the original version has troubles.

Anyone else having problems with plugins not saving their settings?

I just upgraded to the latest T6 version today. Anybody had problem with ASIO interface ? T6 is crashing when I try to set my ASIO device (BOSS GT-001) which works fine in T5 and Reaper.

Anything I can do ?

mpoirier wrote:I just upgraded to the latest T6 version today. Anybody had problem with ASIO interface ? T6 is crashing when I try to set my ASIO device (BOSS GT-001) which works fine in T5 and Reaper.

Anything I can do ?
in case of crashes, send your t6 log file to them. you can retrieve it via the helpbutton on the projectpage.

MIDI editor doesn't seem to work correctly.
When I play MIDI keyboard in step input mode,cursor stays in the former point and doesn't forward by the selected note length.
So all the inputted notes line vertically.

T6.015
OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
macbook pro mid 2010
2.4GHz C2D
16GB 1067MHz DDR3

tatsf wrote:MIDI editor doesn't seem to work correctly.
When I play MIDI keyboard in step input mode,cursor stays in the former point and doesn't forward by the selected note length.
So all the inputted notes line vertically.

T6.015
OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
macbook pro mid 2010
2.4GHz C2D
16GB 1067MHz DDR3
Confirmed here T 6.0.16 on OSX, also insert a rest not shortcut seems broken.

Return to “Tracktion”