T6: New Feature - Merge Selected Clips (video is less than 1 min)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DHR53 wrote:None... to set the plugin to channel 10 is what I meant.
I still don't understand. Isn't the output channel set to 10 in case it's for sending to an external device? So why would the channel matter if the MIDI data is only going to a plug-in? Or is the plug-in sending the MIDI to an external device? I seem to be missing the point of changing them.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Tracktion defaults to midi channel 1 on instrument tracks. Adding a clip set to midi channel 10 = no sound. Correct? I'm playing back drum sounds on a plugin not an external device...

:idea:

DHR53 wrote:Tracktion defaults to midi channel 1 on instrument tracks. Adding a clip set to midi channel 10 = no sound. Correct? I'm playing back drum sounds on a plugin not an external device...

:idea:
Well, no, not really. If you put a VSTi on a track, it normally takes whatever MIDI is on that track. I'm playing PianoOne from a step clip with all rows still set to the default channel 10. It's not silent, honest, guv!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Doesn't it depend on the plugin? Some are channel agnostic. Others (eg. Kontakt) definitely aren't.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote:Doesn't it depend on the plugin? Some are channel agnostic. Others (eg. Kontakt) definitely aren't.
Thanks for clarifying.

This new video might clarify how it works when using multiple virtual instruments (not multitimbral however).

http://youtu.be/uRAjWpUKOrs

Return to “Tracktion”