FR for step editor

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I very much like having the step editor in Tracktion. One thing I think would be useful would be when it's dragged out for repetitions (using the open triangle) it would be possible to select a different pattern for each repetition.

For example, you might be building a drum track with a basic pattern plus a couple of patterns of fills. Stretching it out to eight bars, you could then select one fill at bar 4 and a the other fill at bar 8.

If that makes any sense to anyone :)

(Or do we have ghost clips in Tracktion and I've been away so long I have forgotten them?)

rich_h wrote:I very much like having the step editor in Tracktion. One thing I think would be useful would be when it's dragged out for repetitions (using the open triangle) it would be possible to select a different pattern for each repetition.

For example, you might be building a drum track with a basic pattern plus a couple of patterns of fills. Stretching it out to eight bars, you could then select one fill at bar 4 and a the other fill at bar 8.

If that makes any sense to anyone :)

(Or do we have ghost clips in Tracktion and I've been away so long I have forgotten them?)
I would like to see it work that way too. Since it doesn't, I create the 4 bar Step Clip then duplicate the clip.

also like to see on step sequencer or midi clip an option to mute or solo notes.

Return to “Tracktion”